Michigan UP?

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
joey46

Michigan UP?

Post by joey46 »

Have old friends in Traverse City. One was born/raised in the UP. Lots of public land up there. Always looking always planning. See few mention this area. Worth a look?? I think season runs into June.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Michigan UP?

Post by soiltester »

Hope somebody has current helpful info for ya' as I never followed up on my farmer buddy in Garden that had a turkey population there, but that's been a few years now.
I believe they still are in good numbers west to Menominee, but that's a haul!!
Way too many other areas holding way too many turkeys in the Lower, to chase for me!!
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

I just wish someone would explain how to get a tag in Michigan
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

Turkinator wrote: May 6th, 2021, 9:10 pm I just wish someone would explain how to get a tag in Michigan
Check out the Mi. DNR web site. All the info you need is in the hunting digest. Read it til your sure you got it figgered out then read again. It can be a bit confusing. Hunt 234 is basically the Month of May. State wide. Except for public land in the southern zone of the lower. 234 is also OTC .
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

redarrow wrote: May 6th, 2021, 9:54 pm
Turkinator wrote: May 6th, 2021, 9:10 pm I just wish someone would explain how to get a tag in Michigan
Check out the Mi. DNR web site. All the info you need is in the hunting digest. Read it til your sure you got it figgered out then read again. It can be a bit confusing. Hunt 234 is basically the Month of May. State wide. Except for public land in the southern zone of the lower. 234 is also OTC .
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Headed to Southern Lower in 10 days or "so" :thumbup:

SSSSHHHHSSSSTTTTTT .. goin' in under the radar undetected ;)
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Dtrkyman

Post by Dtrkyman »

My cousin hunts UP private, it’s stupid good, be careful if you buy a license up there, a Vendor last year told em they were sold out, they are unlimited on private!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trap4fur

Post by trap4fur »

I want to bring my son on his first spring hunt in Michigan any helpful hints on which piece of put ground to start on they all say SE holds the most birds any help would be awsome

Return to “Gobbler Talk”