Eagles, Turkey, & Killdeer

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Eagles, Turkey, & Killdeer

Post by HunterGKS »

When I stopped at the eagles nest today, I noticed something moving around but couldn’t tell if
It was an adult or an eaglet. There was 1 adult bird flying around cussing at me so I thought it
might be the other adult on the nest. I took several pics of the nest & the flying bird, which
were very out of focus. When I checked the nest pics on my PC, I saw that it was an eaglet in
the nest & it already looked POed. I’ll keep stopping by checking if there is more than 1 young un.
001.jpg
002.jpg

On the way to lunch, I spotted a hen hot footing it across a newly planted field. This is the 1st
turkey I have seen since last fall.

003.jpg

After lunch, I stopped at my Sis’s in-laws to get some pics of a killdeer & her “nest.” She was
sitting when I pulled up & started trotting away. She didn’t do the broken wing stumble but I
followed her a little way to make her feel like she was doing her job. After getting a couple
pics of the nest, I got back in the truck & she came right back to her nest. I snuck out of the
truck &, hiding behind it, I moved to the front & got a couple of pics before heading home. I
check in a week or so to see if the eggs have hatched.

004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Return to “Gobbler Talk”