Electric all terrain electric bike

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
turkyjoe

Electric all terrain electric bike

Post by turkyjoe »

Just got the all terrain electric bike last week and it's fantastic it has a 750 volt motor and a 17 ah battery top speed 27 to over 30 mph with a range of 30 to 50 miles all depending what speed you use will give it a try out on the youth hunt on the 27 of February .[attachment=0]0220211123_HDR.jpg[/attachment
Attachments
0220211123a_HDR.jpg
0220211123_HDR.jpg
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Electric all terrain electric bike

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Sweet ride, but it's not camo, the turkeys will see you a mile away :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
misfire

Post by misfire »

I was wondering about those things. Do you have to charge it or does the pedals charge it?
turkyjoe

Post by turkyjoe »

Charge the battery first then peddling save the charge if you don't peddle you can go 20 t0 25 miles on the charge that's a lot of hunting.
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

Thats sweet. I like the turkey tracks. Nice touch. I see that Polaris is coming out with an electric SXS in December.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
joey46

Post by joey46 »

I priced one. Eeek! Also seeing very confusing regulations on their legality on some walk/bike in only trails. Would hate to take the time and energy to hike a mile or two on a "no motorized vehicle" trail and then get passed by an electric at flydown time.
Btw - you're a Florida guy turkyjoe, the regulations I recently read concerning electrics are posted on the board at Walk in the Water WMA near Frostproof. The picture on my avatar is from there. It was taken on a walk in trail that we hiked on at 3:30am to be sure we were first in to a spot during a quota hunt.
Swampstalk

Post by Swampstalk »

Good point joey46. Being here in South Florida and seeing a couple of those this passed weekend at a WMA, was wondering if FWC has addressed this new equipment on no vehicle trails. And yep, up at 3:30 and hit the trail for the same thing and found the E-bikers had hit our spot. We then turned around and went into another unscouted spot.

In this same WMA some years ago a friend found people leaving a car parked at the spot overnight so no one would go in that area no matter one got up. Some folks just want to abuse the privilege to access shared hunting grounds!
Don
turkyjoe

Post by turkyjoe »

Hi Guys look up Florida State HR 971 went into effect on July 1 2020 allows Ebikes to be used on wma
Attachments
0308211316_HDR.jpg
0308211316a_HDR.jpg
turkyjoe

Post by turkyjoe »

Hi Guys look up Florida State HR 971 went into effect on July 1 2020 allows Ebikes to be used on wma
Attachments
0308211316_HDR.jpg
0308211316a_HDR.jpg
turkyjoe

Post by turkyjoe »

Price of the E bikes vary from five hundred dollars to thousands my bike was 1400.00 but check out all wmas
Named and number trails only no off road hope this helps.
Griff

Post by Griff »

Where Did you get the e-bike for 1400? I called the local bike shop and was quoted $3200.
Thanks

Griff
wchadw

Post by wchadw »

Griff wrote:Where Did you get the e-bike for 1400? I called the local bike shop and was quoted $3200.
Thanks

Griff
I have a M2S 500 that was around $1300. Check them out. It was a lot less than the “hunting” ebikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wchadw

Post by wchadw »

wchadw wrote:
Griff wrote:Where Did you get the e-bike for 1400? I called the local bike shop and was quoted $3200.
Thanks

Griff
I have a M2S 500 that was around $1300. Check them out. It was a lot less than the “hunting” ebikes

I checked their website. I guess they don’t do the 500 anymore. But the R750 is $1499

https://shop.m2sbikes.com/products/all- ... -tire-bike

turkyjoe

Post by turkyjoe »

I have a himiway cruiser it's a beast check out there website himiwaybike.com they only make a couple the cruiser and the step thru I've had it for a month and it's worth the money haven't had a problem with the bike check them out on Facebook.
joey46

Post by joey46 »

Took the time to look at a some Florida WMAs. Some don't allow any bikes but most do. Too bad that the days of true "walk in" areas seem to be over. If I, at 74, can walk in a mile or two in the dark to quietly slip into a roost area why can't others (handicapped except of course)? IMO Florida just solidified their status as the hardest State to be a public land hunter. I actually see very little reason not to just open the marked roads and numbered trails to 4 wheelers now. :violent1: Why not.
turkyjoe

Post by turkyjoe »

Hi Joey they opened up my wma in South zone to UTV 3 years ago they are all over the place ride right up to you're set up and I'm over 80 years old and still walk in a couple miles but the younger generation can walk right by you and get to the good area's before me so I hope the bike can make things easier for me.
Swampstalk

Post by Swampstalk »

Agreed. I'm 72 and did the dark 2 mile hike this past weekend. I'll continue that until I can't anymore. Then I'll just go out for rugby or something! Really not too interested in 4 wheelers road hunting every firebreak, trail, as well as named or numbered road, etc. Just my opinion.
Don
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

Ohio, as of now, does not allow any motorized vehicles on wma land
Griff

Post by Griff »

Thanks for posting that link Wchadw very informtive .

Griff
Prospector

Post by Prospector »

Nothing personal but I tend to believe that you should be able to document a disability OR be of a certain age to use any type of motorized vehicle on public- otherwise you’re going to have folks that can walk, should walk but just won’t riding in and messing you up.......
“Son, Turkey HUNTING starts at 40yds and in. If you can kill him farther that’s all you’re doing- KILLING. Make him think he’s answering you, call him up, kill him closer-Man! Now that’s what it’s meant to be…” Johnnie Keel ( an Old Pro most never know)
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Turkeyjoe, good for you!

I have a spot that I enjoy hunting is at the end of a 3.5 mile trail around and over deadfalls that runs along a ridge through a large swamp. The ridge parallels the nearest highway which is 2.6 miles through swamp terrain at its nearest to the ridge. Travel by mountain bike is the only practical way into this area other than a time consuming walk. A bike cuts the travel time roughly in half. Bicycles are permitted and apparently electric bikes up to 750 watts. I have ambivalent feelings about eBike use for the healthy and young where I hunt which is no easy pedal especially in the dark. I'll be 73 at season's end and am still able to make the trek and put the bike on the rack for transport. I would be disappointed to see hunters half my age eBiking into the spot.
There goes the neighborhood. Gil
joey46

Post by joey46 »

:walk: The age of the actual "walk in" hunt is obviously over. Politicians make, or steer, these decisions so they are here to stay. Too bad IMO. When you are walking to a spot and get passed by an electric powered millennial hope that he bothers to ring his little handlebar bell.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

All it will take to ban eBikes is abuse by the riders. One time ATV's were allowed in a large public area where I've hunted. This was way back when three wheelers reigned. Then they started driving on firebreaks, etc. It didn't take long for a total ban other than for the handicapped and they could only be driven on marked roads. The reason they are allowed in my state is because of what is defined as a "motor vehicle" under motor vehicle and driver's licensing and rules of the road laws. The DNR (at this time) accepted their use because of what was defined as a motor vehicle and under 750 watts isn't. This was explained to me by the head of DNR at statewide level. They could easily limit the trails to "by foot" or by "foot power without electrical or other source of power" only with exceptions for physical or age exceptions.
Gil

Return to “Gobbler Talk”