Russell moccasins. Are they worth it?

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Skimerhorn

Russell moccasins. Are they worth it?

Post by Skimerhorn »

.y lacrosse Valtrex are getting close to the end of the line i believe. I've been looking at getting another pair of them or possibly stepping up to try the Russell? 8 know they are expensive and I wouldn't mind spending the money on a quality boot that would last. Does anybody have a pair a d have any feedback, positive or negative?
Jstocks

Re: Russell moccasins. Are they worth it?

Post by Jstocks »

I should have mine in a month or so. I can’t tell you til after I get them. It will be late April before I get them in the woods.
Hobart

Post by Hobart »

I bought a pair of Snake boots from them and I have enjoyed them. Hunting in NC, we have a few snakes that can hurt you. I was fitted at the DSC show.
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by davisd9 »

People seem to either love them or hate them with little inbetween.
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

They may well be worth it, but I'd have to find a place to try them on or at least check them in person before dropping that kind of money.
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
gaswamp

Post by gaswamp »

I can't speak for an Russell boots that you would hunt out of. However I have two pairs...one straight moccassin and another that would be labled a chukka. They are absolutly the best wearing and most comfortable shoes I own. I recently had my moccassin re-soled and they r as good as new.
Haystaddle

Post by Haystaddle »

As for trying them on..They are custom fit. Very specific instructions on getting yourself measured. Not hard. You just need someone to measure you while you are standing. They have great customer service and will make things right if you measure wrong or they make a mistake. I bought my first pair in 1985 and they are still going strong. I bought my turkey hunters in 2000 and aside from treating the leather each year they have been a mainstay. I can’t even begin to think of the different boots my buddies have been through in 20 turkey seasons but it sure adds up to a lot more than I spent on turkey boots. They currently have some on sale now due to slightly mismatched eyelets.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”