Booking 2021 trips

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Booking 2021 trips

Post by howl »

Outfitter I had in mind for 2021 is booked from 2020 trips that didn't go off as planned. Another I looked at instead was the same. How about all y'all world travellers?

I'm thinking about booking 2022 and planning DIY for 2021.
Jstocks

Re: Booking 2021 trips

Post by Jstocks »

There’s an outfitter I have talked to in SD and Wy several times and he always stays booked a full season in advance. I just can’t make myself out the deposit down 2 Springs ahead of time. He must be as good as advertised.

In South Florida, you won’t hardly get an opening week hunt.... regardless.

A lot of places have return customers and covid made it worse for 2021. This is going to have 2 negative impacts in my opinion.
(1) Over hunted public lands from 2020 will again be hunted harder in 2021
(2) there will be less birds than normal in 2021 due to higher numbers killed in 2020

I was fortunate enough to get my hunts booked early for next Spring.

I have a good Osceola recommendation if anyone needs one.
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

I will take that recommendation Jstocks
Roy

Post by Roy »

Im probably wrong, but I really believe spring gobbler hunting is going to be the least of our concerns come spring.
" Y'all keep discussing it among yourselves...I'm sneakin' in to pop the noisy one. " - Stinky J Picklestein
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

IMO, the majority of the closures this past spring were a real over-reaction/reach and really hurt the local economies in rural areas which have experienced a minimal impact from Covid-19. One of the counties which I traditionally hunt has had a single non-fatal Covid-19 case since winter , but was completely shut down to non-residents. I personally had three trips cancelled due to closures. If I were planning a trip for 2021, rather than book time w/ a guide, I would seek out booking property access in areas w/ known populations/harvest data. "We have nothing to fear, but fear itself." Is there any place which can be any safer than isolated in wild turkey habitat. Use common sense, stay away from crowds and close contact, wash your hands frequently, don't kiss strangers, and be safe. I realize for some of you, "Don't kiss strangers," will be the hardest part.
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Our trip to Campeche Mexico to kill the occelated maybe postponed. Idk. My buddy has sent a email to yukkutz and they haven’t responded. Already sent them half of the money to just to book it in 2019.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

They said I had covid back in April but who knows. May be a hoax. Could’ve just been the flu. I’ve never had the flu and yes I was sicker than I ever been before. But who knows really cause I never got explanation. I’m bout tired of this mask wearin at work and other places and this covid shat
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Roy wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 6:03 pm Im probably wrong, but I really believe spring gobbler hunting is going to be the least of our concerns come spring.
Spring gobbler is always my concern lol.
I missed this past season cause I was sick with what they said I had covid. I was sicker than ever been but could’ve just been flu. IDK. but I missed season here and I damn sure are ready for next spring. Lol
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Roy wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 6:03 pm Im probably wrong, but I really believe spring gobbler hunting is going to be the least of our concerns come spring.
I agree with your statement

If we get into a war with China and all of these crazy Antifa types keep escalating the situation here it can get nasty fast.

Don’t think it’s gonna get any better now until the election
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Southern Sportsman »

Normally I would rather do a DIY hunt than an outfitter hunt. Lower success rate but a lot cheaper and more fulfilling for me. But I think next year could be night and day between the two. Many/most outfitters cancelled hunts, or hunters cancelled trips, or states suspended non-resident license sales. So a lot of already good private places had no or virtually no hunting pressure or kills. But most public land that was available got POUNDED with everyone off work and out of school. Kill totals in TN were up 30% and I promise it‘s not because there more turkeys running around than usual. Some places will be bleak for a couple years, if they recover that fast (or at all). It makes me think more about privately managed ground for next year, even if it’s a semi-guided or trespass fee arrangement. But, to the original point of this thread, those may be hard to come by with carryover bookings from this past spring.
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly

Return to “Gobbler Talk”