Fall meat processing

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
dsunday

Fall meat processing

Post by dsunday »

I am sure everyone is gearing up for fall hunting seasons.

As many of you know, our nation's large meat packers have been hit by Covid and there is a huge back log in processing cattle and hogs. In response, many people are buying meat on the hoof and getting appointments at their local butcher....the same butchers that process deer here in KS.

In Kansas I think you will be lucky to get a steer in by April. I do not know if these shops are leaving spots open for wild game.

I kindly suggest you check ahead before just expecting to dump off a buck or especially an elk! Hopefully it's not an issue but please do your homework or learn to process yourself.

Good luck to all!
"Never trust what you quote from the internet" -Abe Lincoln
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Fall meat processing

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Same here. Feel for our 4H kids they work there butts off. One of ours had an online show and sale.

But it's really hard to get into a shop. Feel bad for the kids.
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

Wayne county Mi. just cancelled this years fair.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

redarrow wrote: June 25th, 2020, 8:02 am Wayne county Mi. just cancelled this years fair.
Not sure which way you vote don't care, but I think both sides can agree Grinch Whitless is killing us with her stupid phase model. I don't know what phase your in we are in 5 up here.. 250 people max your fair probably draws thousands
dsunday

Post by dsunday »

That's unfortunate. Most fairs here are letting the kids come in and show their animals and leave. No carnival, midway, etc. At least here there will be a video auction for them to sell their projects.
"Never trust what you quote from the internet" -Abe Lincoln

Return to “Gobbler Talk”