Air Rifles.

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
drenalinld
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Air Rifles.

Post by drenalinld »

For $200 I would get the Gamo Whisper Fusion Mach 1 in 22 cal if you want to kill varnints. This is a gas piston rather spring so a little quieter and can be left cocked without weakening spring. It is $220 - $250 with a Gamo 3-9 scope. I kill coons regularly with it. The accuracy is quarter size 5 shot groups at 25 yards. I have killed so many turtles on ponds it is crazy. With proper rest I can shoot ragged holes at 25 yards. You have to put in some practice to be that accurate with air rifles. Quite sensitive to hold pressure and style. Anyway, for the money it would be tough to beat for killing carmines and small game. Fairly quiet if that’s a concern. I upgraded scope eventually but was killing plenty with scope that came on gun.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/gamo-w ... -air-rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
drenalinld
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by drenalinld »

Also, Crosman Premier 14.3 gr are as cheap as any and shoot really well in many air rifles. I’ve tested all the expensive ones. A lot!

Shoot a 500 count tin of pellets in a day and you will have Popeye arm.

Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

The biggest problem to overcome is the trigger pull on my Gamo. It takes practice to stay on target with the long spongy trigger. It is easy to jerk if you’re not careful.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
drenalinld
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by drenalinld »

This Gamo Mach 1 has a two stage trigger and can be adjusted I just haven’t felt the need to. It’s pretty nice.

Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Mine is also adjustable but it goes from crappy to crappier! I’ve gotten used to it and really like the gun. I would definitely buy another when this one goes south!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Jbird22

Post by Jbird22 »

-DIRTNAP- wrote: June 20th, 2020, 5:30 am
Jbird22 wrote: June 19th, 2020, 10:22 pm
-DIRTNAP- wrote: June 19th, 2020, 3:18 pm

I settled on Crosman premier .177 pointed 7.4 gr. they are cheap but my gun likes them I also had accuracy issues with the rest but these are pretty good groups
Unfortunately, his gun doesn't like those.
Did you try a different scope my factory one was all over the place. Was blaming ammo till I switched surprisingly I put a taco 3x9 and it works for now. But optics are usually the blame
Yeah, tried a few different scopes. Same result. Going to try some different pellets.
Contact Info - 4XWADSLITTER@GMAIL.COM
Spuriosity
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Spuriosity »

I have a Beeman R7. It is actually made by Weihrauch in Germany. It is a .177 spring-piston design. They are not cheap but are supremely accurate. I remember when I bought it, reading that 25' groups measure 0.12 CTC, and it delivers. From a good rest with good pellets, it will shoot cloverleafs at 25'. At 15 yds, which is about as far as I like to shoot at pests, it groups about 0.5". It is not the most powerful airgun out there, but you can shoot squirrels in the eye with it. Talk about shooting your eye out. The best thing about this gun is the adjustable trigger. It breaks like glass, which is a a huge aid to hunting accuracy. The only Gamo gun I ever shot had the worst trigger I have ever shot on any kind of gun, bar none. Long, spongy, and heavy.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”