flying

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
IBHC

flying

Post by IBHC »

anyone flown anywhere lately to go turkey hunting? :old_glory:
huntinsomd

Re: flying

Post by huntinsomd »

Drive!
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

IBHC wrote: May 25th, 2020, 3:52 pm anyone flown anywhere lately to go turkey hunting? :old_glory:
I have not, but I've not done it before either. I'll have to some day, if I ever want to hunt Florida. It's too far from MT to drive. I could do it, but I'd burn way too much time on the road.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Dave Owens and Randy Newberg both have great instructional videos about flying to hunt, I’m interested.
2nd100

Post by 2nd100 »

My buddies just flew to Wyoming , gota wear your mask ! One lives in NC the other In NY. Have 2 more leaving Atlanta and Birmingham later this week going to Maine and drive over to NH and possibly CT. Its Official some people will do anything for a turkey !!!
10th Legion legionare !
joey46

Post by joey46 »

Turkinator wrote: May 25th, 2020, 9:52 pm Dave Owens and Randy Newberg both have great instructional videos about flying to hunt, I’m interested.
Living in Florida I have zero intentions of driving to any western states to hunt. I'll watch the listed videos. I'm a retired LEO that worked 5 of my 27 years of service at an international airport. After retiring from that career I worked 4 years at a Florida airport as a customer service agent. That all being said I often get apoplectic reading what is posted by well meaning guys on this subject every spring. It is rarely correct. Until things change there is no reason for anyone to be intimidated when flying with their turkey gun and ammo. Those that do have problems are those flying into "blue" states and find that the mere possession of any gun is a problem whether flying or driving. All airlines will have detailed instructions on flying with a firearm on their web sites. Most airlines will now add a disclaimer about the customers responsibility to know the local laws when they take possession of their firearms in some venues. Knowledge is power on this topic. Good luck.
IBHC

Post by IBHC »

Just flew From Memphis to Dallas no problem. Waiting to fly to Colorado Springs shortly. Did have to wear a mask on flight but everything else went smoothly

Return to “Gobbler Talk”