Black Hills Bound

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Black Hills Bound

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

It was a nice drive anyway.
merriamsman

Post by merriamsman »

Spent four days hunting in the Wyoming portion of the Black Hills. I hunted all public land, as I did in South Dakota. Did not find very many birds and had to move around a lot. Finally killed one around 2:00 PM on the fourth day. All in all, it’s been a great trip to the Black Hills and a wonderful way to extend my season as the Montana season ended on May 17.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

merriamsman wrote: May 27th, 2020, 7:14 pm Spent four days hunting in the Wyoming portion of the Black Hills. I hunted all public land, as I did in South Dakota. Did not find very many birds and had to move around a lot. Finally killed one around 2:00 PM on the fourth day. All in all, it’s been a great trip to the Black Hills and a wonderful way to extend my season as the Montana season ended on May 17.
Lord willing I will hunt SoDak Wyoming and Montana next spring!

that area is beautiful to hunt and so glad I got to go twice this spring
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

merriamsman wrote: May 27th, 2020, 7:14 pm Spent four days hunting in the Wyoming portion of the Black Hills. I hunted all public land, as I did in South Dakota. Did not find very many birds and had to move around a lot. Finally killed one around 2:00 PM on the fourth day. All in all, it’s been a great trip to the Black Hills and a wonderful way to extend my season as the Montana season ended on May 17.
Congrats on the Wyoming bird. If not for my wife's birthday this weekend, I'd be on the road to Wyoming now to close out their season. I'm having withdrawals already.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”