Onx Hunt or Huntstand.....which do you like better?

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
woodsman1977

Onx Hunt or Huntstand.....which do you like better?

Post by woodsman1977 »

I have used onx hunt for a couple of years, I always buy the national package for $99 but have recently been looking at huntstand. They are 25% of the price and seem to have better looking arial maps.

I am looking for opinions about what other might like about huntstand and why? My onx subscription comes due next month ans thinking about trying huntstand.

I appreciate the information!!

Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Onx Hunt or Huntstand.....which do you like better?

Post by Southern Sportsman »

I’ve used hunt stand for a couple years. Just got OnX this year. Disclaimer - I’ve just used the free version of huntstand, so I’m not certain what added benefits you get with the paid version.

From what I’ve seen, hunt stand has better maps and more map layers. OnX has better property ownership data and it displays more easily. I still use both. The free version of hunt stand does most everything I need as far as mapping/tracks/waypoints. OnX is great for finding areas and identifying property info.
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly

Post by 935 »

My Osecola guide used Huntstand so I downloaded the app. Still playing with it/trying to figure it out.
Thank you Lord for creating these wonderful birds and allowing us to chase after them.
milkman

Post by milkman »

I use onx and will continue to do so because of all the things they do for conservation and public land issues.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

toasty

Post by toasty »

I have been using Onx, but have been playing around with backcountry this spring and I like it. You get nationwide with land ownership for about $25/year. Lots cheaper than onx and the basemaps are better resolution.
ltprodtorreyh

Post by ltprodtorreyh »

toasty wrote:I have been using Onx, but have been playing around with backcountry this spring and I like it. You get nationwide with land ownership for about $25/year. Lots cheaper than onx and the basemaps are better resolution.
Backcountry????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
toasty

Post by toasty »

Oops, I meant Basemap.
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

I use hunt stand. I think it's a little more difficult to navigate than some others but I like the maps and a few features better.
ltprodtorreyh

Post by ltprodtorreyh »

I have HuntStand and HuntWise and BaseMap ..
I really like BaseMap the best as of now

BobT

Post by BobT »

I have been using OnX for several years now and I feel like it keeps getting better. One thing I have noticed lately, if I am operating offline, I have to close the app and reopen to get it to work most of the time. I haven't tried Huntstand yet, I'll have to check it out.
Kissimmee Gobbler

Post by Kissimmee Gobbler »

I have been using knockdown which i like and now onx.. Land owner is good but i have not needed to call any owners but will still use. What i like about knockdown, which i can't believe onx hasn't figured out yet is on knockdown i can draw a property line boundary then add stuff to it like stands feeder etc and add people to it and they see the name of the area with all info and they can check in at a and or area and i know they are there. if at home they can reserve that area if they know they are going there this weekend. ONX you can share each stand or feeder etc, but you have to do each on and it does not show the property boundary. But knockdown does not have land ownership. i wish onx would let you create a boundary and share all that info you created with one share and have people in that group and they can all and add to it. you can put wind layer on it and radar amongst other info
Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 5.53.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 5.53.07 PM.png (129.69 KiB) Viewed 6890 times
ltprodtorreyh

Post by ltprodtorreyh »

Kissimmee Gobbler wrote:I have been using knockdown which i like and now onx.. Land owner is good but i have not needed to call any owners but will still use. What i like about knockdown, which i can't believe onx hasn't figured out yet is on knockdown i can draw a property line boundary then add stuff to it like stands feeder etc and add people to it and they see the name of the area with all info and they can check in at a and or area and i know they are there. if at home they can reserve that area if they know they are going there this weekend. ONX you can share each stand or feeder etc, but you have to do each on and it does not show the property boundary. But knockdown does not have land ownership. i wish onx would let you create a boundary and share all that info you created with one share and have people in that group and they can all and add to it. you can put wind layer on it and radar amongst other info
Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 5.53.07 PM.png
How much is knockdown and can you do a free trial first??

WV Ridge Reaper
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by WV Ridge Reaper »

I have and only used onX...It’s okay I suppose..I will say if you wanna look a how the land lays that 3D on Apple phone is money!!!!! Simply amazing

The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword
jdjnicholson

Post by jdjnicholson »

Don't need it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

I have both and seem to prefer onX

Return to “Gobbler Talk”