Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Bigvet
Posts: 68
Joined: July 23rd, 2019, 4:05 pm
Location: Camden, SC and Waco, KY

Re: Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by Bigvet » March 20th, 2020, 10:56 pm

Rush's in Camden is closed. Positive Corona case yesterday. Turkey numbers are good. Weather is good. Where did the $45 mil for Camden come from? Haven't seen that.

User avatar
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1372
Joined: April 25th, 2013, 10:26 am
Location: Middle GA

Re: Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by howl » March 21st, 2020, 5:50 am


User avatar
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 3053
Joined: May 16th, 2012, 11:29 am
Location: Lowcountry, GA

Re: Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by GLS » March 21st, 2020, 2:57 pm

Lessons to be learned from Italy. Naysayer politicians urged citizens to live life normally and the public bought into the naysayers. That price is being paid. Yesterday, 600 dead. Today, 793. Bodies are being stacked in churches. Hospitals are past being overwhelmed.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/21/worl ... e=Homepage

Here in Georgia, the largest hospital in SW Georgia, Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital in Albany is approaching critical conditions.
Gil

brobi9
Posts: 44
Joined: November 16th, 2018, 6:50 am

Re: Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by brobi9 » March 21st, 2020, 3:00 pm

From an ICU nurse in Georgia who doesn’t buy into the media BS.. it’s real and it’s coming. We’re just in the beginning and it’s already crippling the local area. Y’all spend your time in the turkey woods and avoid people the best you can. We’ve had patients in the area as young as 31 with severe respiratory symptoms nearly requiring mechanical ventilation. Y’all be safe

User avatar
Trustyrusty
Posts: 120
Joined: March 11th, 2019, 10:34 pm

Re: Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by Trustyrusty » March 21st, 2020, 3:47 pm

Bigvet wrote:I hope we respond better than Italy has so far. Time for everyone to step up. We are tough, but we have to drop politics and economics and being self centered. It will take all of us doing stuff we don't want to do to beat this. Road to recovery will be long but doable. But we are the USA!
I'm not far from you, Spartanburg county.
Prayers for y'all brother! Stay safe...


And I don't think I'd even eat a turkey killed within 40 miles of Kershaw LMAO


Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk


Bigvet
Posts: 68
Joined: July 23rd, 2019, 4:05 pm
Location: Camden, SC and Waco, KY

Re: Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by Bigvet » March 21st, 2020, 8:58 pm

I went to scout turkeys at Ft. Jackson at 4:30 this morning. There was a line (though short) at the main gate. Gate guard walked back and checked my ID and said they will take our temp at the gate. Car in front of me got turned away. Heard 3 gobblers, saw two in the fields. So it was worth the trouble. Commissary was limiting how many people could be in the store at a time. One comes out, one can go in. I didn't have time for that. Crazy times.

Boll Weevil
Posts: 2
Joined: June 20th, 2019, 2:41 pm

Re: Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by Boll Weevil » March 21st, 2020, 10:34 pm

SwampDrummin wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 5:13 pm
Some of you guys.

This is a real pandemic and it is going to kill a whole lot of good people in the United States. Get your heads out of your asses.
^This x 10. Healthcare administration here, and I simply cannot believe folks are still on the fence on whether this is real or not. I see it firsthand, all day, every day. We’re bustin’ our tails trying keep up with this thing. If you’re still asking whether this is real or not...stop it. It’s real.

Whether it’s come to your neighborhood (yet) or not. It’s real. Take care of your family and yourselves.

Bigvet
Posts: 68
Joined: July 23rd, 2019, 4:05 pm
Location: Camden, SC and Waco, KY

Re: Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by Bigvet » March 21st, 2020, 11:31 pm

Whether it's catastrophic or not, it is additive to whatever we had before (flu etc.). 10% downturn doesn't matter, unless YOU are in the 10%. :pale:

Bigvet
Posts: 68
Joined: July 23rd, 2019, 4:05 pm
Location: Camden, SC and Waco, KY

Re: Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by Bigvet » March 21st, 2020, 11:49 pm

Howl, hope your young one kills a turkey. They are here for the killing. Just avoid Walmart and Rush's.Then go home.

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 8759
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by hoobilly » March 22nd, 2020, 3:27 pm

Just read on epoch times that senator Rand Paul tested postive

Dtrkyman
Posts: 157
Joined: April 12th, 2015, 2:06 pm

Re: Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by Dtrkyman » March 22nd, 2020, 8:28 pm

Hate to be the first to post about knowing someone with the virus, my uncle wasn't feeling well and tested positive yesterday.

He is in the hospital but that is all the info I have currently! Really scary thing is his girlfriend is pregnant!

User avatar
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1372
Joined: April 25th, 2013, 10:26 am
Location: Middle GA

Re: Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by howl » March 22nd, 2020, 8:47 pm

Boll Weevil wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 10:34 pm
SwampDrummin wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 5:13 pm
Some of you guys.

This is a real pandemic and it is going to kill a whole lot of good people in the United States. Get your heads out of your asses.
^This x 10. Healthcare administration here, and I simply cannot believe folks are still on the fence on whether this is real or not. I see it firsthand, all day, every day. We’re bustin’ our tails trying keep up with this thing. If you’re still asking whether this is real or not...stop it. It’s real.

Whether it’s come to your neighborhood (yet) or not. It’s real. Take care of your family and yourselves.
If you believe this then you should stop driving your truck, 'cause that is more dangerous. Nobody is denying the virus exists. You're going to come in contact with it. You're probably going to be just fine. But what will you do when the panic has tanked the economy and government has taken your freedom to recover?

User avatar
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1372
Joined: April 25th, 2013, 10:26 am
Location: Middle GA

Re: Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by howl » March 22nd, 2020, 8:51 pm

Bigvet wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 11:49 pm
Howl, hope your young one kills a turkey. They are here for the killing. Just avoid Walmart and Rush's.Then go home.
Ha. I was born and raised in Kershaw County. You go home.

User avatar
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1372
Joined: April 25th, 2013, 10:26 am
Location: Middle GA

Re: Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by howl » March 22nd, 2020, 8:51 pm

Bigvet wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 11:49 pm
Howl, hope your young one kills a turkey. They are here for the killing. Just avoid Walmart and Rush's.Then go home.
Ha. I was born and raised in Kershaw County. Still own property there. You go home.

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 8759
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by hoobilly » March 22nd, 2020, 9:39 pm

Seeing more states getting locked down. Hope I can get to Florida to hunt

User avatar
SwampDrummin
Posts: 520
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 5:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by SwampDrummin » March 22nd, 2020, 10:14 pm

howl wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 8:47 pm
Boll Weevil wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 10:34 pm
SwampDrummin wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 5:13 pm
Some of you guys.

This is a real pandemic and it is going to kill a whole lot of good people in the United States. Get your heads out of your asses.
^This x 10. Healthcare administration here, and I simply cannot believe folks are still on the fence on whether this is real or not. I see it firsthand, all day, every day. We’re bustin’ our tails trying keep up with this thing. If you’re still asking whether this is real or not...stop it. It’s real.

Whether it’s come to your neighborhood (yet) or not. It’s real. Take care of your family and yourselves.
If you believe this then you should stop driving your truck, 'cause that is more dangerous. Nobody is denying the virus exists. You're going to come in contact with it. You're probably going to be just fine. But what will you do when the panic has tanked the economy and government has taken your freedom to recover?
This is a national cry to arms to protect each other. I could give a **** if the economy tanks if my Dad or mom or immune-compromised son dies because of this. Every day people run their mouth with **** propaganda like you do and carry on like it “ain’t no big deal” is another day where you have a tick up in the chance someone who has someone to lose will lose them.

Get a grip man. 1400 people have died in the Italy in the last two days and it’s barely started.

Bigvet
Posts: 68
Joined: July 23rd, 2019, 4:05 pm
Location: Camden, SC and Waco, KY

Re: Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by Bigvet » March 23rd, 2020, 9:48 pm

Howl, wasn't being mean, just trying to be informative. Sorry you took it that way.

jsh909
Posts: 524
Joined: May 11th, 2019, 7:12 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by jsh909 » March 23rd, 2020, 10:13 pm

The Ohio lockdown is fairly soft. factories and everything are still open. Basically retail stores, bars, restaurants and schools are all that closed.

doctorlongbeard
Posts: 1
Joined: May 5th, 2019, 12:25 pm

Re: Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by doctorlongbeard » March 24th, 2020, 11:42 am

I work in an ER.. this thing is as real as it gets. We’re getting stretched thin and supplies are low. People are getting extremely sick. Seek medical care if you are SICK, not if you’re worried - there’s drive-through testing and self quarantine for the worried well.

If at all possible, stay home and take care of yourselves and family. If we take this thing serious it might just fizzle out and become more manageable from healthcare standpoint.

Turkey hunting is fine, but wash your hands when gassing up and take extra precautions in public.

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 8759
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by hoobilly » March 24th, 2020, 11:58 am

Looking like that drug to fight std’s is working and saving lives.

Received a email from our family DR that if needed he can get us the medicine needed

Boll Weevil
Posts: 2
Joined: June 20th, 2019, 2:41 pm

Re: Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by Boll Weevil » March 24th, 2020, 4:19 pm

There are currently no FDA approved therapeutics or vaccines to effectively treat COVID-19. There are however drugs that can suppress duration of some symptoms in mild cases, but the subject/patient will remain a carrier of the virus until it resolves.

Stay healthy out there.

Post Reply

Return to “Gobbler Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests