Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Bigvet

Re: Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by Bigvet »

Rush's in Camden is closed. Positive Corona case yesterday. Turkey numbers are good. Weather is good. Where did the $45 mil for Camden come from? Haven't seen that.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Lessons to be learned from Italy. Naysayer politicians urged citizens to live life normally and the public bought into the naysayers. That price is being paid. Yesterday, 600 dead. Today, 793. Bodies are being stacked in churches. Hospitals are past being overwhelmed.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/21/worl ... e=Homepage

Here in Georgia, the largest hospital in SW Georgia, Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital in Albany is approaching critical conditions.
Gil
brobi9

Post by brobi9 »

From an ICU nurse in Georgia who doesn’t buy into the media BS.. it’s real and it’s coming. We’re just in the beginning and it’s already crippling the local area. Y’all spend your time in the turkey woods and avoid people the best you can. We’ve had patients in the area as young as 31 with severe respiratory symptoms nearly requiring mechanical ventilation. Y’all be safe
Trustyrusty

Post by Trustyrusty »

Bigvet wrote:I hope we respond better than Italy has so far. Time for everyone to step up. We are tough, but we have to drop politics and economics and being self centered. It will take all of us doing stuff we don't want to do to beat this. Road to recovery will be long but doable. But we are the USA!
I'm not far from you, Spartanburg county.
Prayers for y'all brother! Stay safe...

And I don't think I'd even eat a turkey killed within 40 miles of Kershaw LMAO

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Bigvet

Post by Bigvet »

I went to scout turkeys at Ft. Jackson at 4:30 this morning. There was a line (though short) at the main gate. Gate guard walked back and checked my ID and said they will take our temp at the gate. Car in front of me got turned away. Heard 3 gobblers, saw two in the fields. So it was worth the trouble. Commissary was limiting how many people could be in the store at a time. One comes out, one can go in. I didn't have time for that. Crazy times.
Boll Weevil

Post by Boll Weevil »

SwampDrummin wrote: March 20th, 2020, 5:13 pm Some of you guys.

This is a real pandemic and it is going to kill a whole lot of good people in the United States. Get your heads out of your asses.
^This x 10. Healthcare administration here, and I simply cannot believe folks are still on the fence on whether this is real or not. I see it firsthand, all day, every day. We’re bustin’ our tails trying keep up with this thing. If you’re still asking whether this is real or not...stop it. It’s real.

Whether it’s come to your neighborhood (yet) or not. It’s real. Take care of your family and yourselves.
Bigvet

Post by Bigvet »

Whether it's catastrophic or not, it is additive to whatever we had before (flu etc.). 10% downturn doesn't matter, unless YOU are in the 10%. :pale:
Bigvet

Post by Bigvet »

Howl, hope your young one kills a turkey. They are here for the killing. Just avoid Walmart and Rush's.Then go home.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Just read on epoch times that senator Rand Paul tested postive
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Dtrkyman

Post by Dtrkyman »

Hate to be the first to post about knowing someone with the virus, my uncle wasn't feeling well and tested positive yesterday.

He is in the hospital but that is all the info I have currently! Really scary thing is his girlfriend is pregnant!
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Boll Weevil wrote: March 21st, 2020, 10:34 pm

This is a real pandemic and it is going to kill a whole lot of good people in the United States. Get your heads out of your asses.
^This x 10. Healthcare administration here, and I simply cannot believe folks are still on the fence on whether this is real or not. I see it firsthand, all day, every day. We’re bustin’ our tails trying keep up with this thing. If you’re still asking whether this is real or not...stop it. It’s real.

Whether it’s come to your neighborhood (yet) or not. It’s real. Take care of your family and yourselves.
If you believe this then you should stop driving your truck, 'cause that is more dangerous. Nobody is denying the virus exists. You're going to come in contact with it. You're probably going to be just fine. But what will you do when the panic has tanked the economy and government has taken your freedom to recover?
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Bigvet wrote: March 21st, 2020, 11:49 pm Howl, hope your young one kills a turkey. They are here for the killing. Just avoid Walmart and Rush's.Then go home.
Ha. I was born and raised in Kershaw County. You go home.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Bigvet wrote: March 21st, 2020, 11:49 pm Howl, hope your young one kills a turkey. They are here for the killing. Just avoid Walmart and Rush's.Then go home.
Ha. I was born and raised in Kershaw County. Still own property there. You go home.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Seeing more states getting locked down. Hope I can get to Florida to hunt

SwampDrummin

Post by SwampDrummin »

howl wrote: March 22nd, 2020, 8:47 pm
Boll Weevil wrote: March 21st, 2020, 10:34 pm

If you believe this then you should stop driving your truck, 'cause that is more dangerous. Nobody is denying the virus exists. You're going to come in contact with it. You're probably going to be just fine. But what will you do when the panic has tanked the economy and government has taken your freedom to recover?
This is a national cry to arms to protect each other. I could give a **** if the economy tanks if my Dad or mom or immune-compromised son dies because of this. Every day people run their mouth with **** propaganda like you do and carry on like it “ain’t no big deal” is another day where you have a tick up in the chance someone who has someone to lose will lose them.

Get a grip man. 1400 people have died in the Italy in the last two days and it’s barely started.
Bigvet

Post by Bigvet »

Howl, wasn't being mean, just trying to be informative. Sorry you took it that way.
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

The Ohio lockdown is fairly soft. factories and everything are still open. Basically retail stores, bars, restaurants and schools are all that closed.
doctorlongbeard

Post by doctorlongbeard »

I work in an ER.. this thing is as real as it gets. We’re getting stretched thin and supplies are low. People are getting extremely sick. Seek medical care if you are SICK, not if you’re worried - there’s drive-through testing and self quarantine for the worried well.

If at all possible, stay home and take care of yourselves and family. If we take this thing serious it might just fizzle out and become more manageable from healthcare standpoint.

Turkey hunting is fine, but wash your hands when gassing up and take extra precautions in public.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Looking like that drug to fight std’s is working and saving lives.

Received a email from our family DR that if needed he can get us the medicine needed

Boll Weevil

Post by Boll Weevil »

There are currently no FDA approved therapeutics or vaccines to effectively treat COVID-19. There are however drugs that can suppress duration of some symptoms in mild cases, but the subject/patient will remain a carrier of the virus until it resolves.

Stay healthy out there.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”