Kansas double beard

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
hootn

Kansas double beard

Post by hootn »

after we took those two merriams we decided to head to liberty kansas. my dad knows a guy there and since he had his hip replaced for thhe 3rd time back in march he was out for the trip this year. but he knows a guy in liberty he was in the navy with that lives there and has acess to a bunch of land. so we get up wednesday morning and head that way. we get there thursday afternoon around lunch. get to the woods and hear a couple but no joy with them.
friday morning we get there and set up dave is to the east of my in the same field at least 1/2 mile away. well i am set up where the field turns from the west to the north and a goood place for the birds to come into the field. at 0615 he gobbles and its game time after a little light yelping and he is gobbleing at me. i shut up and wait. well at 0629 he is headed towards the field. he steps into the feild i pull the trigger.
nice bird, 21.5 lbs, 1 inch spurs with 1st beard of 5 1/4 inches and 2nd at 10 7/8 inches. dave dosent hear a thing. and he is ready to head to bama, which with the bad weather that might be headed towds there we pack up and head home. got here to the house at 00040 saturday morning.

K9Doc

Re: Kansas double beard

Post by K9Doc »

He looks huge or your a tiny man!!!
LOL
CONGRATS!!! Safe travels
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

That has nothin' but sweet all over it!! Congrats :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hookedspur »

:thumbleft:

Return to “Gobbler Talk”