28 ga. & .410 turkeys

Talk about 20, 16, & 28 gauge and .410 bore shotguns here.
User avatar
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 3069
Joined: May 16th, 2012, 11:29 am
Location: Lowcountry, GA

Re: 28 ga. & .410 turkeys

Post by GLS » April 12th, 2020, 6:14 am

Smoke'em if you have 'em. So many guns; so many choices. Nice job, Mike. Gil

liv2hnt
Posts: 107
Joined: April 23rd, 2016, 9:26 am

Re: 28 ga. & .410 turkeys

Post by liv2hnt » April 12th, 2020, 8:10 am

GLS wrote:
April 12th, 2020, 6:14 am
Smoke'em if you have 'em. So many guns; so many choices. Nice job, Mike. Gil
Thanks Gil.

User avatar
doublegobble1
Posts: 104
Joined: May 5th, 2014, 4:36 pm
Location: Hamlet, NC

28 ga. & .410 turkeys

Post by doublegobble1 » April 19th, 2020, 5:25 am

I already posted but in the gun thread under small bore . Anyway viper G2 410, 7/8oz 9.5s 40 yds. Check out how dark the wing is, NC eastern.Image
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joey46
Posts: 227
Joined: May 15th, 2017, 7:50 am
Location: North Port, Fl

Re: 28 ga. & .410 turkeys

Post by joey46 » April 20th, 2020, 5:32 am

My first year with a "mini" gun. Was skeptical at first but no longer. Took this one yesterday (4-19). 34 yards. Apex 9 1/2 Ninja. 410 Stevens, Jebs choke, Truglo red dot.
Attachments
Best to post.jpg

liv2hnt
Posts: 107
Joined: April 23rd, 2016, 9:26 am

Re: 28 ga. & .410 turkeys

Post by liv2hnt » April 20th, 2020, 7:46 am

joey46 wrote:
April 20th, 2020, 5:32 am
My first year with a "mini" gun. Was skeptical at first but no longer. Took this one yesterday (4-19). 34 yards. Apex 9 1/2 Ninja. 410 Stevens, Jebs choke, Truglo red dot.
Congrats on a nice bird and nice 410 setup!

huntinsomd
Posts: 146
Joined: May 3rd, 2019, 4:05 am

Re: 28 ga. & .410 turkeys

Post by huntinsomd » April 22nd, 2020, 10:21 am

I had an opportunity this morning to take my first bird with a 28ga and beggars can't be choosers. My Savage 555 28ga smoked the Jake at 35yds. Hal's 1 5/16oz recipe of 9's through an IC .520 did the dirty work.
Attachments
IMG_1390.jpg

BrowningGuy88
Posts: 710
Joined: February 13th, 2013, 9:01 am

Re: 28 ga. & .410 turkeys

Post by BrowningGuy88 » April 22nd, 2020, 10:25 am

Nice hunts! Hooked on the 28 now?

huntinsomd
Posts: 146
Joined: May 3rd, 2019, 4:05 am

Re: 28 ga. & .410 turkeys

Post by huntinsomd » April 22nd, 2020, 10:30 am

BrowningGuy88 wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 10:25 am
Nice hunts! Hooked on the 28 now?
I love the gun and the gauge! I like to mix it up a little. Yesterday I hunted with my 1187 20ga compact. Hard to say what I'll carry into the woods next time!

liv2hnt
Posts: 107
Joined: April 23rd, 2016, 9:26 am

Re: 28 ga. & .410 turkeys

Post by liv2hnt » April 22nd, 2020, 10:51 am

huntinsomd wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 10:21 am
I had an opportunity this morning to take my first bird with a 28ga and beggars can't be choosers. My Savage 555 28ga smoked the Jake at 35yds. Hal's 1 5/16oz recipe of 9's through an IC .520 did the dirty work.
Congrats!

huntinsomd
Posts: 146
Joined: May 3rd, 2019, 4:05 am

Re: 28 ga. & .410 turkeys

Post by huntinsomd » April 22nd, 2020, 11:16 am

liv2hnt wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 10:51 am
huntinsomd wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 10:21 am
I had an opportunity this morning to take my first bird with a 28ga and beggars can't be choosers. My Savage 555 28ga smoked the Jake at 35yds. Hal's 1 5/16oz recipe of 9's through an IC .520 did the dirty work.
Congrats!
Thanks!

Hayudog
Posts: 29
Joined: February 14th, 2013, 1:35 pm

Re: 28 ga. & .410 turkeys

Post by Hayudog » April 24th, 2020, 1:59 pm

60943359212__98B2DD67-B902-4795-8186-36ACA56E66B9.JPG
First bird with Yildez .410. Super Jake tricked me...that'll teach him. Sumtoy choke and federal shell. A twenty yard chip shot

liv2hnt
Posts: 107
Joined: April 23rd, 2016, 9:26 am

Re: 28 ga. & .410 turkeys

Post by liv2hnt » April 24th, 2020, 2:25 pm

Hayudog wrote:
April 24th, 2020, 1:59 pm
60943359212__98B2DD67-B902-4795-8186-36ACA56E66B9.JPG
First bird with Yildez .410. Super Jake tricked me...that'll teach him. Sumtoy choke and federal shell. A twenty yard chip shot
Congrats. Nice bird, and the little yildiz are a joy to carry and shoot.

User avatar
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 3069
Joined: May 16th, 2012, 11:29 am
Location: Lowcountry, GA

Re: 28 ga. & .410 turkeys

Post by GLS » April 24th, 2020, 9:11 pm

Doug, way to go. I'm a big fan of the Lil' Yildie. It's as unique a turkey killer there is. Gil

User avatar
wchadw
Posts: 86
Joined: August 1st, 2018, 11:37 am

Re: 28 ga. & .410 turkeys

Post by wchadw » April 24th, 2020, 9:53 pm

GLS wrote:Doug, way to go. I'm a big fan of the Lil' Yildie. It's as unique a turkey killer there is. Gil
I have the yildiz youth 20. Think I’m going to get a 28 or 410


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liv2hnt
Posts: 107
Joined: April 23rd, 2016, 9:26 am

Re: 28 ga. & .410 turkeys

Post by liv2hnt » April 26th, 2020, 10:30 pm

I took one of my best friend's son on his first turkey hunt yesterday morning. To say that all of the puzzle pieces came together perfectly is an understatement. And my little Yildiz O/U with 7/8oz of 10s was punishing at 18 yards. This was definitely the best and most rewarding hunt of my season. 10.25 inch beard and 1 inch spurs, not a bad first bird.
Attachments
IMG_3172.jpeg

Hayudog
Posts: 29
Joined: February 14th, 2013, 1:35 pm

Re: 28 ga. & .410 turkeys

Post by Hayudog » April 30th, 2020, 10:15 pm

IMG_3294.JPG
Her first bird. We sat in a blind for 3 1/2 hrs and not a gobble. On the walk out, struck a bird, and within 5 minutes he was on us. Had her sit next to an oak tree in the shade. She missed the first shot at ten yards, he looked back at thirty and she rolled him. Savage Stevens 301T. Federal TSS 9's.

Post Reply

Return to “Small Bore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests