Over under.

Talk about 20, 16, & 28 gauge and .410 bore shotguns here.
Chrmayo

Over under.

Post by Chrmayo »

Can y’all recommend a light weight 20 gauge o/u that don’t break the bank but both barrels shoot close enough for turkey gun.
wchadw

Re: Over under.

Post by wchadw »

Chrmayo wrote:Can y’all recommend a light weight 20 gauge o/u that don’t break the bank but both barrels shoot close enough for turkey gun.
Yildiz youth 20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tracker8320

Post by tracker8320 »

Yildiz I hear is good. I'm running a Stevens 555 and a Tristar NWTF upland hunter. I have the Stevens 555 worked out with loads and chokes but still working on the Tristar. The Tristar is a lighter gun. Hand rolling my own tss loads...both guns POI are good, no issues
Wounded big game tracker with dogs...
firedup

Post by firedup »

I really like my Tristar upland hunter as well. Mine is not the Camo'd up NWTF version but not a big deal to me. Walmrt gun. Price was good
wchadw

Post by wchadw »

Only thing I don’t like about the Yildiz is the shiny receiver. I got mine cerakoted. Other than that it’s been a good little gun for the price. I have a 20 and 28ga

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SKFOOTER

Post by SKFOOTER »

firedup wrote: January 13th, 2022, 12:33 pm I really like my Tristar upland hunter as well. Mine is not the Camo'd up NWTF version but not a big deal to me. Walmrt gun. Price was good
What chokes and loads did you settle on??
firedup

Post by firedup »

I shoot an IC 555 with handloaded TSS #9 in the long range (bottom) barrel. For the top barrel a Carlsons modified shooting standard lead in #5 or #6. At 30 yards and in, the lead patterns just fine. Probably could do #7 lead or something and be fine as well at the close yards. From what I patterned they are dead birds at 30 and in no matter what I am using (if I do my part). I also think the mod choke that comes with the Tristar would be fine for close work. I already had the Carlsons and just went with it.

Return to “Small Bore”