Henry 410 single shot ??

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
AlinMi

Henry 410 single shot ??

Post by AlinMi »

Any of you guys with a Henry 410 single, can you measure the muzzle diameter for me please?

thx,
WV Ridge Reaper
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Henry 410 single shot ??

Post by WV Ridge Reaper »

Are you having trouble with something ? I don’t own one but I have been looking at them really hard..Just asking so I don’t run into trouble myself
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword
huntinsomd

Post by huntinsomd »

I recently sold one. Gun had issues ejecting high brass shells (they would have to be pried out of chamber). Gun shot some nice groups, but was heavy and a little too "pretty" to take into the woods!
AlinMi

Post by AlinMi »

WV Ridge Reaper wrote: April 15th, 2021, 2:54 pm Are you having trouble with something ? I don’t own one but I have been looking at them really hard..Just asking so I don’t run into trouble myself
No I don't own one yet, heck haven't even fondled any of them, but on my short list.

Just seeing if there is enough meat there to add a set of sights.
AlinMi

Post by AlinMi »

WV Ridge Reaper wrote: April 15th, 2021, 2:54 pm Are you having trouble with something ? I don’t own one but I have been looking at them really hard..Just asking so I don’t run into trouble myself
No I don't own one yet, heck haven't even fondled any of them, but on my short list.

WV Ridge Reaper
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

AlinMi wrote: April 15th, 2021, 5:03 pm

I gotcha!!! That is one thing I have thought about..I am a fan of the try glo rifle style sights myself..Have a red dot or two one some guns they work and I like em but don’t love em...The only option I could think of with the Henry would be to drill and tap the gun on the back and mount a red dot on it..Would have enough metal to drill and tap.

If you come up with something else or have other ideal please explain
WV Ridge Reaper
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

AlinMi wrote: April 15th, 2021, 5:03 pm

I gotcha!!! That is one thing I have thought about..I am a fan of the try glo rifle style sights myself..Have a red dot or two one some guns they work and I like em but don’t love em...The only option I could think of with the Henry would be to drill and tap the gun on the back and mount a red dot on it..Would have enough metal to drill and tap.

If you come up with something else or have other ideal please explain
WV Ridge Reaper
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

huntinsomd wrote: April 15th, 2021, 3:12 pm I recently sold one. Gun had issues ejecting high brass shells (they would have to be pried out of chamber). Gun shot some nice groups, but was heavy and a little too "pretty" to take into the woods!
Do you have any pics of the patterns you got ? Choke,load shot size ? Did the gun shoot true ?
AlinMi

Post by AlinMi »

from online pics and the reviews I've seen, it's defiantly thick enough to tap over the chamber which might be a option for a RDS at some point for these aging eyes.

I dropped a bug in Henry's ear yesterday on a 410 and 20ga versions of their camo turkey gun, figure it couldn't hurt and give me something to look forward to for next year!!!
huntinsomd

Post by huntinsomd »

The barrel is plenty thick. I had mine drilled and tapped.
Last edited by huntinsomd on April 16th, 2021, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
huntinsomd

Post by huntinsomd »

WV Ridge Reaper wrote: April 15th, 2021, 8:24 pm
huntinsomd wrote: April 15th, 2021, 3:12 pm I recently sold one. Gun had issues ejecting high brass shells (they would have to be pried out of chamber). Gun shot some nice groups, but was heavy and a little too "pretty" to take into the woods!
Do you have any pics of the patterns you got ? Choke,load shot size ? Did the gun shoot true ?
I don't have any photos of the patterns. There may be a couple posted on here or the other forum. I used a Jebs XF. Didn't find an IC to test. I used a red dot from day one so I can't speak for the gun shooting "true".
WV Ridge Reaper
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Thanks!! I will check here and there.

Return to “Small Bore”