Tss shell to shell inconsistency ?

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
-DIRTNAP-

Re: Tss shell to shell inconsistency ?

Post by -DIRTNAP- »

Sad part is I bought 4 boxes
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

Are they all like that?
-DIRTNAP-

Post by -DIRTNAP- »

Pretty much
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

Just for your peace of mind, this is not bad mouthing a company. It is raising awareness
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

You could get a roll crimper and finish the job and possibly salvage some of your investment
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by davisd9 »

If I understand, Rogue (Jeb’s) has been loading for a bit but just started actually selling to the public. I do not feel you bad mouthed them but just honest with what you got. Could be they are new and need to get things together. Others should know as well as guys wrap a lot of their hard earned money into shells. I would contact them and see what they say. Hopefully they will see the issue and refund you or exchange them for better crimped shells. No one is perfect but it is how you deal with the fall out that determines your level of customer service.
Trustyrusty

Post by Trustyrusty »

davisd9 wrote:If I understand, Rogue (Jeb’s) has been loading for a bit but just started actually selling to the public. I do not feel you bad mouthed them but just honest with what you got. Could be they are new and need to get things together. Others should know as well as guys wrap a lot of their hard earned money into shells. I would contact them and see what they say. Hopefully they will see the issue and refund you or exchange them for better crimped shells. No one is perfect but it is how you deal with the fall out that determines your level of customer service.
^ what he said.... Also I ordered a box just to check them out so now I'm eager to see the quality.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

-DIRTNAP-

Post by -DIRTNAP- »

Honestly I got them a week ago shot one box for sight in. Have three full boxes doubt they do anything. But I would get a smokin pattern then wide open. Never got my attention it was because of those crimps. I will probably just take it as a lesson learned. Maybe start reloading some day and rob the shot.
Buckeye3405

Post by Buckeye3405 »

I’m shooting Foxtrot 1oz .410 and they are the bomb!! Much more consistent than the factory federal tss .410
-DIRTNAP-

Post by -DIRTNAP- »

I would have tried foxtrot but they weren't in stock...rogue is the only thing available at the time
quavodus

Post by quavodus »

I'm sorry to hear that they've been crap for you. Have you got other ammo that you can use?
"I live in America, why do I have to press 1 for English?"
-DIRTNAP-

Post by -DIRTNAP- »

not in a 20 gauge may have to use the 12. im sure they will still kill just hate when i lose that confidence factor. plus i dont like experimenting by my eye lol
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

I would be concerned with low pressure and low velocity with that loose of a crimp and shot rattle. You might end up with a crippling load rather than a killing one. I don't know if I would trust them on a turkey.
poorcountrypreacher

Post by poorcountrypreacher »

jsh909 wrote: April 18th, 2021, 3:52 pm You could get a roll crimper and finish the job and possibly salvage some of your investment
That is most definitely what I would do with those shells. If you don't think you will ever get into handloading yourself, look around for someone who does and would tighten them up for you. If you are ever in AL, I would be glad to do it for you. Wouldn't take but a few minutes.
-DIRTNAP-

Post by -DIRTNAP- »

Appreciate the offer ya I might try to after season I'm from pa. Never roll crimped a shell before so not sure I could do much better
Spuriosity
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Spuriosity »

It's really easy, especially if you have a drill press. Never tried it with a hand drill. Works fine I'm sure, but would be a little harder to keep the bit square with the shell. I will echo PCP's invitation that if you ever get to NC, I would be happy to tighten them up for you.
quavodus

Post by quavodus »

Turkinator wrote: April 18th, 2021, 1:34 pm I can’t believe an ammo company would sell such shoddy work.
I completely agree. Especially for what they sell them for. You would think they would really have some good quality control. Even with cheaper ammo.
"I live in America, why do I have to press 1 for English?"
Curtis270

Post by Curtis270 »

Thank you for the info I was just about to try to order some but I think I’ll wait. I’m trying to talk myself into hand loading tss but everything being out of stock I can’t find new hulls or wads and it bothers me that there isn’t any published data that I can find I’ve always grabbed my nosler manual or Sierra manual and looked up the load.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Curtis270 wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 6:10 pm Thank you for the info I was just about to try to order some but I think I’ll wait. I’m trying to talk myself into hand loading tss but everything being out of stock I can’t find new hulls or wads and it bothers me that there isn’t any published data that I can find I’ve always grabbed my nosler manual or Sierra manual and looked up the load.
I have most of everything available to order. Foxtrotammo

I’m scared about components for next spring.

This country is in a precarious position right now.

Heard Biden is stopping oil now from Alaska.

He keeps destroying our industry we won’t last a year before going bankrupt
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Curtis270

Post by Curtis270 »

hoobilly wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 6:16 pm
Curtis270 wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 6:10 pm Thank you for the info I was just about to try to order some but I think I’ll wait. I’m trying to talk myself into hand loading tss but everything being out of stock I can’t find new hulls or wads and it bothers me that there isn’t any published data that I can find I’ve always grabbed my nosler manual or Sierra manual and looked up the load.
I have most of everything available to order. Foxtrotammo

I’m scared about components for next spring.

This country is in a precarious position right now.

Heard Biden is stopping oil now from Alaska.

He keeps destroying our industry we won’t last a year before going bankrupt
I don’t think I understand bud. You have all the components to order? If so I’d love to order some and if you wouldn’t mind to help me out with some data to load as well. Being a veteran it kills my sole to see our country being destroyed from within by him and his administration
Curtis270

Post by Curtis270 »

Or were you saying you have shells for on your site?

Return to “Small Bore”