Mossberg sa410 thread problem

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
Trapperman

Re: Mossberg sa410 thread problem

Post by Trapperman »

Thanks!
huntinsomd

Post by huntinsomd »

spider316 wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:21 pm
hoobilly wrote: April 10th, 2021, 8:34 pm
Trapperman wrote: April 10th, 2021, 8:32 pm If I'm reading correctly I need to order a mobile threads for my mossberg sa 410, I'm getting a Jebs choke.
Yes it’s a Mobil thread
100% Mobil thread, currently have an Indian Creek choke in both a Mossberg and a Tristar, both Mobil threads !
I just ran into a similar problem with my Tristar Viper .410. The IC choke fits fine, but the Jebs XXF won't even start to thread into the barrel. The threads on the Jebs don't appear to be as "defined" or as "deep" as the threads on the IC......disappointing!
squirrel_hunter

Post by squirrel_hunter »

I bought a mossberg 500 410 TSS turkey gun. I bought it back in the fall. Last week I bought a mossberg SA 410ga TSS turkey gun. I bought a f, m, ic chokes for 500. I thought I could use them in my new SA. Wrong so now either buy the chokes or buy the SA 410ga field model. Or a g2 viper 410. I told my wife I would be better off with another 410.
huntinsomd

Post by huntinsomd »

I just had an issue with trying to use a Jebs choke in my Tristar .410. The choke wouldn't begin to screw into the threads. IC fits fine. I called Jebs to inquire about the problem and they said they were aware of the issue and he said he would ship a new choke. He said there is an issue with how the threads on the Tristar are not machined to the same tolerances as the Jebs choke. We will see how the new one fits. Customer service at Jebs seemed to be high level!
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

huntinsomd wrote: April 14th, 2021, 3:02 am I just had an issue with trying to use a Jebs choke in my Tristar .410. The choke wouldn't begin to screw into the threads. IC fits fine. I called Jebs to inquire about the problem and they said they were aware of the issue and he said he would ship a new choke. He said there is an issue with how the threads on the Tristar are not machined to the same tolerances as the Jebs choke. We will see how the new one fits. Customer service at Jebs seemed to be high level!
Ummm, so threads from the factory are supposed to match the aftermarket parts ? Aren't aftermarket parts made after the product leaves the factory ? So Carlson and Jeb's chokes don't fit the factory made products and it's the factories problem. Hopefully nobody ever closes the barn door after the horse gets out, just saying ! :banghead:
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !

Return to “Small Bore”