CZ drake 28

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
wchadw

CZ drake 28

Post by wchadw »

Anyone own a CZ Drake? Looking for opinions on the o/u 28ga. I have a yildiz 20 which I like but looking to do a 28 setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: CZ drake 28

Post by Hoobilly »

wchadw wrote: November 10th, 2020, 8:53 pm Anyone own a CZ Drake? Looking for opinions on the o/u 28ga. I have a yildiz 20 which I like but looking to do a 28 setup.

I was gonna buy the Yildiz 28ga over under while in Tennessee back in early September. Idiot behind counter kept walking around like a yo-yo and after 30 minutes I left. It’s a really nice shotgun.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Chad

Post by Chad »

I'd like to hear about the Drake 28 gauge also. I'm about to get either the drake or the savage/Steven's 555. My high dollar "B" gun O/U keeps breaking and it's time to try something different
wchadw

Post by wchadw »

Chad wrote:I'd like to hear about the Drake 28 gauge also. I'm about to get either the drake or the savage/Steven's 555. My high dollar "B" gun O/U keeps breaking and it's time to try something different
I have a yildiz already. It’s a good gun. I will probably do it for 28. Just looking for opinions on the CZ.

Chad

Post by Chad »

wchadw, i've seen your posts on your yildiz and its patterns are impressive!

Ive shot a 20 ga Cynergy the last two seasons, it patterns great and shoots to the bead. BUT, I had to send it back after 2018 season because the stock cracked at the tang and I had to send it back again after the 2019 season because the blueing started flaking off and bottom barrel started having light primer strikes. Browning has had it since June with no word on when I'll get it back.

I bought a m2 20 ga, but really like turkey hunting with a o/u.
wchadw

Post by wchadw »

Chad wrote:wchadw, i've seen your posts on your yildiz and its patterns are impressive!

Ive shot a 20 ga Cynergy the last two seasons, it patterns great and shoots to the bead. BUT, I had to send it back after 2018 season because the stock cracked at the tang and I had to send it back again after the 2019 season because the blueing started flaking off and bottom barrel started having light primer strikes. Browning has had it since June with no word on when I'll get it back.

I bought a m2 20 ga, but really like turkey hunting with a o/u.
For the price the yildiz is hard to beat. I think youth 20 was $425? Had it a couple years no problems. Only problem is the receiver is silver and shiny. Have to get it dipped or cerakoted

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

wchadw wrote: November 11th, 2020, 6:54 pm
Chad wrote:I'd like to hear about the Drake 28 gauge also. I'm about to get either the drake or the savage/Steven's 555. My high dollar "B" gun O/U keeps breaking and it's time to try something different
I have a yildiz already. It’s a good gun. I will probably do it for 28. Just looking for opinions on the CZ.

My cousin has the CZ side by side 28ga. Beautiful gun but it has the Huglu chokes
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

Here’s a picture of my Yildiz 28ga O/U. I had Ritchie Doss in North Carolina cerakote the barrel, and receiver. I have a Stevens 555 20ga also, and would go that route with a 28ga, because they use mobil chokes, and the metal comes flat black. To me both guns are equal in quality, and you will come out cheeper not having to cerakote the 555.Just my two cents worth. Yildiz 28ga top, and the Stevens 555 20ga bottom.
356F76B0-F13D-40BD-9BEE-537CEB301A70.jpeg
Attachments
56145FAA-F86A-4AAC-AD22-1825AC54F4F7.jpeg
wchadw

CZ drake 28

Post by wchadw »

2Shooter wrote:Here’s a picture of my Yildiz 28ga O/U. I had Ritchie Doss in North Carolina cerakote the barrel, and receiver. I have a Stevens 555 20ga also, and would go that route with a 28ga, because they use mobil chokes, and the metal comes flat black. To me both guns are equal in quality, and you will come out cheeper not having to cerakote the 555.Just my two cents worth. Yildiz 28ga top, and the Stevens 555 20ga bottom.
356F76B0-F13D-40BD-9BEE-537CEB301A70.jpeg
I got the yildiz 28. I already had a youth 20. What choke you running in yours?
Looks like the yildiz is bottom pic?

2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

wchadw wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 6:35 pm
2Shooter wrote:Here’s a picture of my Yildiz 28ga O/U. I had Ritchie Doss in North Carolina cerakote the barrel, and receiver. I have a Stevens 555 20ga also, and would go that route with a 28ga, because they use mobil chokes, and the metal comes flat black. To me both guns are equal in quality, and you will come out cheeper not having to cerakote the 555.Just my two cents worth. Yildiz 28ga top, and the Stevens 555 20ga bottom.356F76B0-F13D-40BD-9BEE-537CEB301A70.jpeg
I got the yildiz 28. I already had a youth 20. What choke you running in yours?
Looks like the yildiz is bottom pic?

The Yildiz is the top pic. I run the factor full in the top barrel, and the factor modified in the bottom barrel.
wchadw

Post by wchadw »

Good looking with the black cerakote. Think I might do same. The Yildiz have some good wood on their stocks and fore arms

GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Does Yildiz blue the metal or satin chrome the O/U? The Yildiz single-shots are satin chromed which is tough and corrosion proof. Actions are anodized aluminum. No need to further protect the metal at least on the single shots. Gil
wchadw

Post by wchadw »

GLS wrote:Does Yildiz blue the metal or satin chrome the O/U? The Yildiz single-shots are satin chromed which is tough and corrosion proof. Actions are anodized aluminum. No need to further protect the metal at least on the single shots. Gil
Think it’s chromed. I would cerakote to black the shiny aluminum receiver. But may just pull an old sock or headnet over it when hunting. I have a yildiz youth 20 I cerakoted a “muddy green” and they dipped the wood. May leave this 28 as is or just do the receiver black. Like the looks of this one posted.

wchadw

Post by wchadw »

This is my youth 20. Image

GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

I used the diy "shake and spray" Duracoat to coat the shiny receiver on my TK12 single-shot. Duracoat doesn't hold up as well as Ceracote. Neither Duracoat nor Ceracote are repairable, however. There's something to be said for priming and rattle-can Rustoleum which will hold up okay, not as tough as the above two coatings, but more importantly, is easily repairable. Gil
wchadw

Post by wchadw »

GLS wrote:I used the diy "shake and spray" Duracoat to coat the shiny receiver on my TK12 single-shot. Duracoat doesn't hold up as well as Ceracote. Neither Duracoat nor Ceracote are repairable, however. There's something to be said for priming and rattle-can Rustoleum which will hold up okay, not as tough as the above two coatings, but more importantly, is easily repairable. Gil
I may just leave the 28 as is. Try factory full and modified chokes and see how it does

2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

The Yildiz 28ga O/U has shiny blued barrels that are chromed lined,and I use smoked gray colored cerakote on mine.
wchadw

Post by wchadw »

2Shooter wrote:The Yildiz 28ga O/U has shiny blued barrels that are chromed lined,and I use smoked gray colored cerakote on mine.
Yildiz website says chrome plated steel on all barrels

http://www.yildizshotgun.com/tr/firma_i.html

2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

wchadw wrote: November 26th, 2020, 5:52 pm
2Shooter wrote:The Yildiz 28ga O/U has shiny blued barrels that are chromed lined,and I use smoked gray colored cerakote on mine.
Yildiz website says chrome plated steel on all barrels

http://www.yildizshotgun.com/tr/firma_i.html

I've had my Yildiz 28ga o/u for 3 years, and it had shiny blued barrels. It's nice to see they are making the 20ga, 28ga, and .410 with black receivers, and barrels. It use to be only for the 12ga O/U's. They are great guns for the price, and make a fine turkey hunting rig!!!! I sent Yildiz a pic of my 28ga o/u with the black receiver, and barrels about 2 years ago, and told them the needed to make all O/U's with black metal, because the made awesome turkey gun. They must have taken my advice. :D :cheers:
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

wchadw wrote: November 26th, 2020, 11:54 am This is my youth 20. Image

Real nice looking rig!!! :thumbup:
wchadw

Post by wchadw »

2Shooter wrote:
wchadw wrote: November 26th, 2020, 11:54 am This is my youth 20. Image

Real nice looking rig!!! :thumbup:
Thanks. I went all in on the 20. Run it with Trijicon site and Sumtoy chokes.
I’ve decided to run 28ga stock with factory full and modified and no sight.
I shot it other day and factory full with Hal load more than sufficient for my max distance. Modified barrel for close up I shot a pheasant load. Should do the trick. I think the yildiz are good little guns for $

Return to “Small Bore”