Opinions on Benelli M2 20ga 24in Barrel?

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
Antleraddict82

Opinions on Benelli M2 20ga 24in Barrel?

Post by Antleraddict82 »

I have a Franchi affinity 2 drilled and tapped with a FF3 but my wife wants it so thinking of giving it to her and going with a M2. I plan on setting the M2 up the same with a FF3, how is the Crio barrel? I shoot mainly TSS! Can y’all provide me with pros/cons of this gun? Thanks guys god bless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Opinions on Benelli M2 20ga 24in Barrel?

Post by Hoobilly »

I love them M2 20’s

They handle good.

Them shoot good too
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Going into my 5th year with the M2 20ga as my designated turkey gun. I love mine!!!! .555 Indian ck, tss is death on them
huntinsomd

Post by huntinsomd »

I just bought a M2 and sold an Affinity 3. Both are great turkey guns. Newer M2 is better in a lot of ways than a new Franchi. May not see better patterns because they both pattern well, but the M2 does feel better In your hand and the M2 has better recoil reduction/lighter weight. Can't go wrong with either, but if you don't mind spending the extra coin the M2 is the way to go!
Antleraddict82

Post by Antleraddict82 »

huntinsomd wrote:I just bought a M2 and sold an Affinity 3. Both are great turkey guns. Newer M2 is better in a lot of ways than a new Franchi. May not see better patterns because they both pattern well, but the M2 does feel better In your hand and the M2 has better recoil reduction/lighter weight. Can't go wrong with either, but if you don't mind spending the extra coin the M2 is the way to go!
Would the M2 with the Comforttech stock be any less felt recoil than my Franchi affinity 2 shooting heavy 3in TSS loads?

Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

I shoot 15/8 ounce loads exclusively for turkeys. I’m not recoil sensitive but the M2 seems to be a very soft shooter. Keeping in mind that my previous turkey gun was an Encore 12ga!!! Now that was recoil!!!
huntinsomd

Post by huntinsomd »

Antleraddict82 wrote: March 29th, 2020, 8:21 pm
huntinsomd wrote:I just bought a M2 and sold an Affinity 3. Both are great turkey guns. Newer M2 is better in a lot of ways than a new Franchi. May not see better patterns because they both pattern well, but the M2 does feel better In your hand and the M2 has better recoil reduction/lighter weight. Can't go wrong with either, but if you don't mind spending the extra coin the M2 is the way to go!
Would the M2 with the Comforttech stock be any less felt recoil than my Franchi affinity 2 shooting heavy 3in TSS loads?

Mine is at the gunsmith to be drilled and tapped. I shot 1 7/8oz TSS loads through the Affinity 3 and will shoot those or 1 5/8oz TSS through the M2 starting next week. I have a friend who has a couple m2's and he has shot my handloads through his guns with no issues. The general feeling is that the M2 with comforttech is a soft shooter.
Antleraddict82

Post by Antleraddict82 »

I’m not recoil sensitive either I’ve man handled a 12 all my life with magnum loads but people keep telling me an M2 has way more recoil than my affinity so I’ve been wondering just curious lol

Antleraddict82

Post by Antleraddict82 »

huntinsomd wrote:

Mine is at the gunsmith to be drilled and tapped. I shot 1 7/8oz TSS loads through the Affinity 3 and will shoot those or 1 5/8oz TSS through the M2 starting next week. I have a friend who has a couple m2's and he has shot my handloads through his guns with no issues. The general feeling is that the M2 with comforttech is a soft shooter.
If you don’t mind me asking ballpark how much is a drill and tapped job running?

huntinsomd

Post by huntinsomd »

Antleraddict82 wrote: March 29th, 2020, 8:47 pm
huntinsomd wrote:

If you don’t mind me asking ballpark how much is a drill and tapped job running?

It can vary, but $50 is about right for a couple holes.
Antleraddict82

Post by Antleraddict82 »

huntinsomd wrote:
Antleraddict82 wrote: March 29th, 2020, 8:47 pm
huntinsomd wrote: Mine is at the gunsmith to be drilled and tapped. I shot 1 7/8oz TSS loads through the Affinity 3 and will shoot those or 1 5/8oz TSS through the M2 starting next week. I have a friend who has a couple m2's and he has shot my handloads through his guns with no issues. The general feeling is that the M2 with comforttech is a soft shooter.

It can vary, but $50 is about right for a couple holes.
Sweet thank ya

el diablo
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by el diablo »

My M2 kicks almost identical if not more than my buddies Affinity. Comfortech stock looks cool, but doesnt do anything for recoil. No super light inertia gun is going to really be a soft shooter. My gas operated SA20 is a softer shooter than both. The heavier gas operated SX3 and Browning Gold 20's are guns that I would consider soft shooting.
Love my M2, but if I had to do it all over again I would go Stoeger or SA20 and use money to buy more TSS. For turkey hunting that is.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

el diablo wrote: March 29th, 2020, 9:29 pm My M2 kicks almost identical if not more than my buddies Affinity. Comfortech stock looks cool, but doesnt do anything for recoil. No super light inertia gun is going to really be a soft shooter. My gas operated SA20 is a softer shooter than both. The heavier gas operated SX3 and Browning Gold 20's are guns that I would consider soft shooting.
Love my M2, but if I had to do it all over again I would go Stoeger or SA20 and use money to buy more TSS. For turkey hunting that is.
well said

ut with turkey hunting your not shooting a couple hundred rounds like you would for skeet etc

I would rather have the liteweight over a heavier gas gun.

gas guns are betting better on shaving weight.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
cutt down

Post by cutt down »

hoobilly wrote: March 29th, 2020, 10:16 pm
el diablo wrote: March 29th, 2020, 9:29 pm My M2 kicks almost identical if not more than my buddies Affinity. Comfortech stock looks cool, but doesnt do anything for recoil. No super light inertia gun is going to really be a soft shooter. My gas operated SA20 is a softer shooter than both. The heavier gas operated SX3 and Browning Gold 20's are guns that I would consider soft shooting.
well said

ut with turkey hunting your not shooting a couple hundred rounds like you would for skeet etc

I would rather have the liteweight over a heavier gas gun.

gas guns are betting better on shaving weight.
My Beretta compact lite 20ga is very close in weight to my Benelli M2 20ga. I'd get another Affinity or an SA20 or a Tristar Viper G2 20ga & really trick it out for a dedicated turkey gun. All of them are great guns so it's really subjective as to what makes you happy!
va longbeard

Post by va longbeard »

Love my M2 24 inch compact I am probably biased but I really think its the best built and handling 20 gauge turkey gun out there and I own more than a few including some mentioned in this thread.

If you shop around you can get one at around 1 grand.

I bought one several months ago and did a performance shop knockoff build with the gun, cerakote and dipped it.
Attachments
m2 new.jpg
Damitch

Post by Damitch »

I hunted for years with a 12 bore both Black Powder and Cartridge. Started hunting with the M2 a few years ago and never looked back. This is a Performance Shop gun with the Burris FF3 And a RR570 choke tube. Gun likes TSS 7's or Long beard 5's. Recoil is not and issue in my view. I think you would be very happy with the M2 but watch out as your wife might take a shine to it :}:}
Damitch

Return to “Small Bore”