Stevens 301 turkey 410

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
Leadchunker

Stevens 301 turkey 410

Post by Leadchunker »

If anyone is looking for one ky gun company has them instock got one headed my way
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Stevens 301 turkey 410

Post by Hoobilly »

how much are they???
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
va longbeard

Post by va longbeard »

hoobilly wrote: July 4th, 2019, 11:13 pm how much are they???
$162 shipped free not a bad price at all.

They have bottomland in stock 410 and 20 but there out of stock on the obsession camo models.

These guns are pretty solid for the price and have a good feel to them.

No extra money to drill and tap for chokes and mount a rail which adds up to around $100 extra in the total cost of a gun that does not have those features if you get a gunsmith to do it.

The trigger on mine is getting pretty good now with some generous dry firing with a snap cap there is virtually no creep in the trigger.

Definitely not the build quality of a fine English double gun but for a working gun I think there build on par with what is coming out of the Remington and Mossberg factories now and that is not a slam on either Remington or Mossberg products I own a lot of guns from both of those companies both newer and 30 plus years old and I hunt those guns hard.

My only criticism on these guns is the finish it is about on par with the finish on a current Remington express which is not a good thing in my opinion but we all look at things different.

But for the price its hard to complain about this gun.

Hoping Indian Creek comes out with a choke before next season I shoot there chokes on all my turkey guns.
uvagobbler

Post by uvagobbler »

I ordered one from Kentucky Gun Co on Wednesday. I need to figure out which red dot to put on it and hopefully find ammo that will shoot well out of the factory choke. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Leadchunker

Post by Leadchunker »

va longbeard wrote: July 5th, 2019, 8:21 am
hoobilly wrote: July 4th, 2019, 11:13 pm how much are they???
$162 shipped free not a bad price at all.

They have bottomland in stock 410 and 20 but there out of stock on the obsession camo models.

These guns are pretty solid for the price and have a good feel to them.

No extra money to drill and tap for chokes and mount a rail which adds up to around $100 extra in the total cost of a gun that does not have those features if you get a gunsmith to do it.

The trigger on mine is getting pretty good now with some generous dry firing with a snap cap there is virtually no creep in the trigger.

Definitely not the build quality of a fine English double gun but for a working gun I think there build on par with what is coming out of the Remington and Mossberg factories now and that is not a slam on either Remington or Mossberg products I own a lot of guns from both of those companies both newer and 30 plus years old and I hunt those guns hard.

My only criticism on these guns is the finish it is about on par with the finish on a current Remington express which is not a good thing in my opinion but we all look at things different.

But for the price its hard to complain about this gun.

Hoping Indian Creek comes out with a choke before next season I shoot there chokes on all my turkey guns.
Is the front bead removable if so do you happen to know what size threads I would like to put a fiber optic bead on the front
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

In terms of reducing gun weight, two pounds for $100 is cheap. This is only important if your primary goal is lightest weight.
Muzzy61

Post by Muzzy61 »

I ordered one from KY Gun Co last night for my grandson. Price $162

Return to “Small Bore”