Stevens 301 turkey trigger

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
va longbeard

Stevens 301 turkey trigger

Post by va longbeard »

Has anyone had a gunsmith work on trigger of a 301 turkey or try to do it themselves.

Just got the 410 and I really like the gun especially for the price but I would like to improve the trigger, its not horrible but it could be better.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.
jhogue

Re: Stevens 301 turkey trigger

Post by jhogue »

I wonder if there is a decent amount of variation in these triggers. The one we have is pretty decent, especially for the price. I'll have a second one arrive today and will have some direct ability to compare.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Leadchunker

Post by Leadchunker »

jhogue wrote: June 13th, 2019, 12:21 pm I wonder if there is a decent amount of variation in these triggers. The one we have is pretty decent, especially for the price. I'll have a second one arrive today and will have some direct ability to compare.

Where are you finding them for sale and price if you don't mind me asking
jhogue

Post by jhogue »

I bought one on here that someone purchased and decided not to use. The other I bought from my local gun shop in central Arkansas. Haven't been many shipped into Arkansas as far as I know. Folks share every week on the Cobbler Nation Facebook page where a shop or two get shipments in. Prices range from $165 to $200 pre-tax as ice seen.

va longbeard

Post by va longbeard »

Leadchunker wrote: June 13th, 2019, 12:39 pm
jhogue wrote: June 13th, 2019, 12:21 pm I wonder if there is a decent amount of variation in these triggers. The one we have is pretty decent, especially for the price. I'll have a second one arrive today and will have some direct ability to compare.

Where are you finding them for sale and price if you don't mind me asking
There are several on gunbroker some sellers still trying to get inflated prices and some sellers have decent prices.

Got one off gunbroker two weeks ago shipped for 168.

Apparently China is spitting them out as quick as they can now!

About the trigger it is actually good with little to no creep especially for a single shot shotgun I am trigger snob and would like to lighten it some.

Might reach out to William at Sumtoy to see if he could work on the trigger.
Leadchunker

Post by Leadchunker »

Is anybody shooting the bead site I don't really want to go with an optic but I've heard they are very low point of aim point of impact just curious never shot one
Justin W

Post by Justin W »

Leadchunker wrote: June 13th, 2019, 5:33 pm Is anybody shooting the bead site I don't really want to go with an optic but I've heard they are very low point of aim point of impact just curious never shot one
Take the scope rail off, and put a set of truglo magnum gobble dot sights on it. Make sure got get the one that fits a Remington, as it and the Stevens rail base are the same size. The sight will mount perfectly. That’s what I did and I killed 3 birds with it last year.
Leadchunker

Post by Leadchunker »

Justin W wrote: June 13th, 2019, 7:46 pm
Leadchunker wrote: June 13th, 2019, 5:33 pm Is anybody shooting the bead site I don't really want to go with an optic but I've heard they are very low point of aim point of impact just curious never shot one
Take the scope rail off, and put a set of truglo magnum gobble dot sights on it. Make sure got get the one that fits a Remington, as it and the Stevens rail base are the same size. The sight will mount perfectly. That’s what I did and I killed 3 birds with it last year.
Thanks for the info
Leadchunker

Post by Leadchunker »

Justin W wrote: June 13th, 2019, 7:46 pm
Thanks for the info
RidgeRunner3105

Post by RidgeRunner3105 »

Immense amount of variation. Very upsetting. Have a buddy test his daughters .410 that breaks at 4 pounds on the dot. Was very impressed so I bought a 20 gauge.....breaks at 6.72!!!!!!! Terrible quality. Definitely going to need trigger work.
dg7mm08

Post by dg7mm08 »

I’m not happy about the trigger on the 301 20 ga I just bought ; average between 6-7 lbs by my trigger scale .
Meleagris gallopavo

Post by Meleagris gallopavo »

I'm going to circle back to the OP. Has anyone performed performed a rigger adjustment on the 301 or had someone do it? I've done some of my own trigger adjustments on guns I could find YouTube videos on or had good written instructions. I haven't purchased the gun yet so the trigger may be okay ion the one I get, but I like to do research beforehand. I contacted Rob Roberts and was told they didn't do trigger work on the 301 .410 turkey.
joey46

Post by joey46 »

Mine is now two seasons old and the trigger is great. I must have received one of the good ones. Can't find a thing wrong with it. Appreciate the tip on the Truglow sight. I have a decent red dot but I still am not completely comfortable with it. May try and make a change before next season.
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

I have the 310 410 ! It seemed a little top heavy so I put a Leupold 2x7 shotgun scope on it . Balances out perfect now . With an Indian Creek .390 choke and Foxtrot 383 Strokers its Nasty . The trigger seems fine to me ! :struttin:

Return to “Small Bore”