COVID VACCINE!

A place for you health nuts and slackers to share your tips on staying in shape for seasons to come.
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: COVID VACCINE!

Post by spider316 »

Got my second dose Moderna Saturday at 4PM. Was fine until 6AM this morning, then hit by a bus, 101.3° fever and global muscle and joint pain. Common side effects so far from what we've seen. The site I'm working at has vaccinated over 12,000 and tested over 115,000. Goodluck Gentlemen, stay healthy and safe please. :thumbup:
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

I was scheduled to get my 2nd shot tomorrow, but we got some snow so they canceled. I am now scheduled to get it on Friday....I will update everyone then.
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Good luck, I hope you avoid the 101 fever.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Ouch, hope all is better today spider316 :thumbup:

Guy I know from MI on local fire department there was sick the day after 2nd shot also but I didn't hear details

CamoMan4025, I'm sure you'll do jest' fine :cheers:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

Feel WAY better today, just slightly tired, thank you !

Wait it snowed and you're hiding under your bed ? It will be fine, fluids, Advil and some rest if needed. :salute:
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

Last Jan., b4 anyone knew about Covid, I had it & was as sick as I have ever been. I was done for about
4 weeks. It took 2 10 days courses of antibiotics, the 2nd a lot stronger, & a 10 day course of steroids to
knock it out. I'm scheduled for the 1st shot Weds. morning.

I know a lot of folks that have gotten 1 or both shots & the only complaint any have had is a sore arm like
a flu shot. Funny thing was, it was always the arm the didn't get the shot!! jk.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

Got shot at 11:30 this A.M.. So far, so good.
George

Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

guesswho wrote: January 31st, 2021, 9:22 pm Good luck, I hope you avoid the 101 fever.
I had COVID thru Christmas. My fever ran between 100 and 103 for 17 straight days. Mostly around 101. And that wasn't the worst part of it.
My wife had stiff neck and a headache for three days. :dontknow:
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

It's been 27 hours since I got shot with no issues. Took a couple of Tylenol at bedtime
& 2 when I got up. Not sure if this shutdown the side effects but it didn't hurt.
George

GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Wife had second Pfizer yesterday and has felt bad all day. I was exposed quail hunting with a buddy on the 19th. I had no symptoms and broke quarantine yesterday. Got up today and an hour later got severe cramps left side and then sharp pain on back over kidney. Drove to test side and had to stop twice to deal with pain. Wanted to rule out possibility of covid. Pain worsened. I left test site and drove to ER. My first kidney stone. Given pain and other meds. I was given an iv non-steroidal, non-narcotic pain killer, Taradol, and it stopped pain for a couple hours. CT shows a 4 mm stone between left kidney and bladder. Not fun. I filled script for some serious meds for tonight. My quail hunting buddy has had fever for 15 days and was taken to hospital this morning.
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Was just fixing to say that it sounds like kidney stones. Been there done that a couple times. One required surgery. The only relief I could find, and it may not help you but it did me. I could fill the tub with hot water and lay down in it. That gave me some temporary relief. If I remember right they told me anything over 4mm required surgery. If you have to go that route I’ll wait until you have it before I tell you about it. Good news is if you don’t have to have surgery you will be all better once you give birth.

At least it wasn’t covid. Good luck!!!
Double Naught Spy!
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

For you guys with kidney stones, 2 pieces of 1st hand advice:

1. Cut back on dairy, especially milk as the stones are made up of calcium.
2. Drink a lot of water. I mix in real lemon. Citric acid will dissolve the calcium.
Some say cranberry juice but I didn't have much luck with it.

I spoke with my Doc about them. He told me he had patients that had born children
& had had stones & the stones were much more painful. My 1st was in WV in the summer
over a camp work weekend. I ended up on the ground in the fetal position crying like
a little girl. I've had knee replacement & other procedures & the stones were the worst
pain ever.

Good luck!!!!
George

OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

I had covid last Easter and worst I’ve ever felt. Missed turkey season. What a bummer. 101 to 104.6 fever for at least 13 days. But as of right now I’m not getting shot. May change my mind so never say never. I don’t get flu shots either after that one time I did and was sick for a week.
As far as kidney stones I’ve never had any (knock on wood)
I drink plenty of beer. Lol. Hope I never do.
Hope all y’all get well soon.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

OLE RASPY wrote: February 4th, 2021, 7:47 pm I’ve never had any (knock on wood)
I've heard knocking on your wood is what causes them so I quit doing that, really.
Double Naught Spy!
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

:LMAO:
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

I had it last Jan b4 they knew what it was. I was down hard for close to 4 weeks. Took 2 10 day courses
of antibiotics & 1 10 course of a steroid. It was another 2 weeks b4 I felt "normal." I can't remember
ever being so sick. At the start, I thought it was just the flu so I didn't my usual self-medication with
hot toddies. Usually, 1 & & I would sweat it out & be OK. There were a couple of times where I had 2-3
toddies & still felt like crap but, by that point, I didn't care. Worst sickness ever!!!!
George

GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Getting second dose of Pfizer today at 2. Sister is taking me as I have taken pain killers.
Thanks for the advice. I called 92 year-old mom to ask her which one of my parents gifted me with the gene. She said she had one decades ago and said it was the worst pain, including childbirth, that she has experienced. I am the oldest of 10. Turkeybuster has had over 100 in his lifetime. Ronnie, he gave me the same advice about hot baths and it does give some relief. Since 6 am yesterday I've had 5. Last night at 3 am. i had to crawl back to bedroom as it was difficult keeping balance--drugs. Walking helps, too. I discovered the walking on my own. The intense pain has moved from my back to abdomen which means it's moving. Hopefully. Gil
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well I got my 2nd shot at 10:30 this morning, it was the Moderna....guess we'll see how it goes, so far no issues.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

GLS wrote: February 5th, 2021, 12:02 pm Getting second dose of Pfizer today at 2. Sister is taking me as I have taken pain killers.
Thanks for the advice. I called 92 year-old mom to ask her which one of my parents gifted me with the gene. She said she had one decades ago and said it was the worst pain, including childbirth, that she has experienced. I am the oldest of 10. Turkeybuster has had over 100 in his lifetime. Ronnie, he gave me the same advice about hot baths and it does give some relief. Since 6 am yesterday I've had 5. Last night at 3 am. i had to crawl back to bedroom as it was difficult keeping balance--drugs. Walking helps, too. I discovered the walking on my own. The intense pain has moved from my back to abdomen which means it's moving. Hopefully. Gil
As I said, drinl lots & lots of water preferably with lemon juice. It's amazing how something so simple works so well.
George

coconut

Post by coconut »

GLS wrote: February 5th, 2021, 12:02 pm Getting second dose of Pfizer today at 2. Sister is taking me as I have taken pain killers.
I have had many many kidney stones. The pain can be unbearable. Frequent hot showers , beer and lots of water will help. I know beer sounds odd but it really helps.

Post by 935 »

I wasn't going to get the shot, at least not this soon, but yesterday things fell into place so I figured it was an omen. My arm is a tiny bit sore but other than that I'm fine. I've been searching online to see if a civilian can check to see if the microchip is transmitting.
Thank you Lord for creating these wonderful birds and allowing us to chase after them.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

You will need a tin hat and some kool-aid to do that!! :lol:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

935 wrote: February 6th, 2021, 8:18 am I wasn't going to get the shot, at least not this soon, but yesterday things fell into place so I figured it was an omen. My arm is a tiny bit sore but other than that I'm fine. I've been searching online to see if a civilian can check to see if the microchip is transmitting.
I have noticed that my left arm, where I got the shot has started beeping!!

scared.jpg
scared.jpg (32.32 KiB) Viewed 5027 times
George

CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well, so far I guess I've been lucky. I have been somewhat dizzy and lightheaded today for the majority of the day. I've also been tired all day. We are remodeling a bathroom, so no time for the weary. I just took (2) Advil PM and (2) Tylenol. Hopefully I will sleep it all off.

Spider has been checking on me throughout the day, he's my personal paramedic!

Kevin
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Sister drove me to get second Pfizer Friday pm. Had't passed kidney stone and had taken morphine tablet at 6 am and didn't feel I should drive.
Went to HD where I had first shot. A line ran out the door and to the block's end. At least 100 or more poor souls waiting for power to turn on. Jean thinking fast drove me to another branch office and no one there for shots. I was in and out under 5 minutes. No pain, no side effects. Passed stone into bladder at 6 pm. LIngering issue with opiod induced constipation. I haven't had a good daily devotional since Thursday at 5 am. Drank a bottle of Magnesium Citrate yesterday morning. Nothing but rumbling with me wishing and hoping. Still haven't peed stone out into strainer. Lots of fun.

Return to “Health & Fitness”