Temporary Trophy GOBBLERS CUP-Real Trophy has arrived!

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Temporary Trophy GOBBLERS CUP-Real Trophy has arrived!

Post by Jaybird »

Johndoe wrote:No Doug. That is GobbleNut's one and only multi. He would like to use the no multi rule from now on. :-)
:lol: True. Jim is always stating he shoots nothing but 50's, and not much help in contests. He was shocked as everyone to put down a monster scorer this year.
ImageImageImage
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Temporary Trophy GOBBLERS CUP

Post by hawglips »

Jaybird wrote:A 10 bird average of 70 is a bit hard to beat :lol:
I don't think I've ever seen a bird that scored 70, much less 10 of them.....
gophert
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by gophert »

I think this is a more appropriate trophy

GOLD HUNTER
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GOLD HUNTER »

:stir: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:
LET'S GO TROUT FISHING
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Jaybird wrote:
Johndoe wrote:No Doug. That is GobbleNut's one and only multi. He would like to use the no multi rule from now on. :-)
:lol: True. Jim is always stating he shoots nothing but 50's, and not much help in contests. He was shocked as everyone to put down a monster scorer this year.
Must be hunting up around Roswell.
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter »

hawglips wrote:
Need to start planning a trip to AL, and let Brandon take you next season then!! :thumbup:
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter »

gophert wrote:I think this is a more appropriate trophy

I gave you a crack at the bigtime, and your sweet, city bird callin just couldn't get him into 20ga range!! So I don't want to hear it!!!! :bootyshake:
Next time bring a Man's gun!!!! :LMAO:
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

congrats boys!
gophert
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by gophert »

Shooter wrote: I gave you a crack at the bigtime, and your sweet, city bird callin just couldn't get him into 20ga range!! So I don't want to hear it!!!! :bootyshake:
Next time bring a Man's gun!!!! :LMAO:
There's a lot of truth to that :banghead:
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

hawglips wrote:

Shooter scored a bird for me last year @ 103 & this year @ I think 95 !
drenalinld
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Temporary Trophy GOBBLERS CUP-Real Trophy has arrived!

Post by drenalinld »

Which reminds me, Stan. I think we demolished stump humper and turkey spayer in side contest!
bonemonger

Post by bonemonger »

BAM, Hal did that just happen again? Back too back domination!
KPcalls

Post by KPcalls »

congrats, to the winners...with a name like red dawn spookers...we never had a chance... :lol:
Frankinthelaurels

Post by Frankinthelaurels »

What team had ten birds that scored over 70...I find that hard to believe in any part of the country...I also think that multiple beards should not be counted with normal birds in scoring...if they were ever why do they have two categories in NWTF scoring, they should not be counted with singles. Someone should make a post of all the teams and their scores.. I'd be interested in seeing that... It takes one heck of a bird to score above 70, I've killed lots of gobblers of the last 45 years of chasing them in 17 different states and have managed only to kill one or two that were above 70...let alone 10.
GobbleNut

Post by GobbleNut »

I hear ya' Frank,...but hey, we're just GOOD! What can we say?! Those 70 point birds just can't help but give themselves up to us! As you can clearly see from previous posts, some of us kill those 70-pointers on a regular basis.
Excuse me now,...I've got to go take a look in the mirror and kiss myself....
:mrgreen: :lol:
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hawglips »

bonemonger wrote:BAM, Hal did that just happen again? Back too back domination!
Blow out city. By the 2nd week of April, it was already over.
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Southern Sportsman »

TS wrote:
Gobbler wrote:So am I losing you support on no multis next year? :lol:
I still think it should only be longest beard of a multi bearded bird. . . . a great single bearded bird cannot stand up in score to most multi bearded birds. Just my .2
Yep. A 25 lb bird with a 1.5" spurs and a 12" beard wouldn't measure up against a 4 bearded 2 yr old. Something not quite right about that in my mind. But that's an argument for next year. For this year, congrats lucky winners.
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly
GobbleNut

Post by GobbleNut »

Southern Sportsman wrote:
TS wrote:
Gobbler wrote:So am I losing you support on no multis next year? :lol:
I still think it should only be longest beard of a multi bearded bird. . . . a great single bearded bird cannot stand up in score to most multi bearded birds. Just my .2
Yep. A 25 lb bird with a 1.5" spurs and a 12" beard wouldn't measure up against a 4 bearded 2 yr old. Something not quite right about that in my mind. But that's an argument for next year. For this year, congrats lucky winners.
Damn,...am I seeing some support for what I have been saying since day 1 here?! :o :roll: :lol:
(Well, if the rules get changed, at least I had the satisfaction of getting the last laugh with my multi-beard this spring!)
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

I'm going to make it real simple next year. No multibearded birds unless its your first or second or third one ever killed by you and it has to be between two and three years old( no multibearded jakes) and you have to provide a biologists age report along with the picture measurements.
hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hookedspur »

Well now that simplifies it . :dontknow: :lol:
Frankinthelaurels

Post by Frankinthelaurels »

Well I'm glad to see this site has lots of people who are open to change..it's real simple with multi-bearded birds, just count their longest beard, that way they will get the credit they deserve for their kill...it will also level the playing field for all the teams...if they were supposed to be measured together there would be no separate classes in the NWTF record books, it's that simple, they are not the same and should not be treated that way. I wonder how many teams had members that didn't bother to even register birds because they knew there was no way they could compete with scores like that...heck a well deserved two year old would even stand a chance with these rules.... count the longest beard only will level the playing field and I'll bet you'll see more participation from team members thinking they have a chance...thanks for thinking about change for a change...
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

I used to play in a Softball league like that, I see similarities with this site. We were loaded and teams bitched and moaned. So they put in a new rule, one homerun per team per game, any homerun after that was a double. After that was put in place we had 1 homerun and about 20 doubles a game, so the bitching and moaning continued. In protest when the other team would hit we would just walk to get the ball and let them run all the way around for a homerun, then we bitched, moaned, threw our gloves and kicked the clay and claimed that it should be a double because the other team was just so fast it wasn't fair. So they changed the rule again to anything out of the park after the first homerun was an out. So after that we would get beat about every game even though we went deep about 20 times. We usually scored one run, the leadoff guy. So the bitching and moaning quit. And the other teams felt all better. Better known today as happy, happy, happy!

Why not get a bigger trophy. Score every bird as 10 points regardless of stats. Then at the end of the year every team will tie for first place, so put everybody's name on the BIG trophy, everybody happy, happy, happy.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Me and Olefivebeards have been thinking about trying to get on a team next year but we have a concern. What if one of us kills a six year old gobbler worn down late in the season with one spur measuring 1 5/8" and the other one is broke off clean at the leg, weighing in at 16 lbs. That means that a bunch of fat two and three year olds with 7/8" matching spurs killed out west weighing 25 lbs. will outscore it. Can't we just count the longest beard and the longest spur and put a 20 lb. weight cap on all the turkeys entered? If we get in we want it to be a level playing field, the way it is now the odds are stacked against us and we feel we'd just be wasting our time, something I seem to have a lot of.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
pedro
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pedro »

Congrats to the winners! Keep on slaying the big ones. Give the bird credit for all his attributes. If he grows it, count it.
ole5beards

Post by ole5beards »

I've petitioned the NWTF about turkey's weight and how that shouldn't count towards a birds score. It's not fair that I live in Alabama and we all know the southeast isn't known for agriculture other than cotton. I hate killing gobblers with 12"+ beards and 1.5 spurs and the lil scrawny bird barely weighing 17-18lbs. It's not fair!! I plant chufa and crimson clover specially for turkey's, and some dude walks out his back door in Kansas or Nebraska and kills a 26lb bird with 3/4 spurs and his bird beats mine!! I used to participate in other forums annual contest and got tired of losing based on weight so I just quit. I remember killing a monster double beard one year, i think he scored around 86 or so, well this newbie lucked up and killed a 2 year old with 3 beards and his beat me by 4.5 points!! Can you believe that?! I didn't get the recognition I deserved because my bird was better than his I'm all categories except his had an extra beard, if my bird would of had just another couple inches or a 3rd beard that was 2-3" I would of won, and got my name on the imaginary trophy for that year!! The system is flawed I tell ya, I'm a way better turkey hunter than most and I'm getting tired of getting screwed by guys who live in the Midwest or those that travel to the Midwest and kill these fat 2 year old!
Pass the biscuits!!

Return to “Gobbler Talk”