Benelli M4

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Benelli M4

Post by Hognutz »

Anybody own a Benelli M4? I am thinking about a SHTF weapon and wondering about the magazine tube upgrades and such. Aftermarket or Benelli. Extension or full length. Titanium or steel. Pistol grip or not. Etc. Any help will be appreciated..
Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Benelli M4

Post by Southern Sportsman »

Stupid question: what is a “SHTF weapon?”
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

:P Sh!t Hit The Fan. Home protection or Commies over the hill weapon. Not a stupid question, Southern. I could/should have been more specific!
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

I can't imagine why not? them are good guns. But I would also want an American pump as backup
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Been kicking it around for awhile. Never really thought I’d need or want one but I’ve got the itch. Trouble is, to extend the mag tube to 7+1, you’ve got to put at least 3 American parts into it to make it 922R compliant. Because it’s imported it can only come in to the country with the short mag tube. This can add several hundred dollars to the price just to add 2 more rounds. Dunno. Gotta sleep on it for awhile.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Hognutz wrote: September 11th, 2019, 9:39 pm Been kicking it around for awhile. Never really thought I’d need or want one but I’ve got the itch. Trouble is, to extend the mag tube to 7+1, you’ve got to put at least 3 American parts into it to make it 922R compliant. Because it’s imported it can only come in to the country with the short mag tube. This can add several hundred dollars to the price just to add 2 more rounds. Dunno. Gotta sleep on it for awhile.
tss home defense rounds and you won't need the extra couple anyways :LMAO:
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

:LMAO: I’m thinking #4 buck.
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

I don’t have that one hog but this is my SHTF gun. I got it loaded down with 3” buckshot. This is pic off internet but mine looks same. I don’t have that carrying tube though and mine has the heat shield on barrel.
AE2E725C-68DD-416A-BFA9-F21EC53E04D6.jpeg
AE2E725C-68DD-416A-BFA9-F21EC53E04D6.jpeg (14.68 KiB) Viewed 4655 times
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Nice!! Something to be said about a pump for that type of situation. You are set with that rig, Raspy! 3”buck will get ‘er done! Ooh-Rah!!
crow

Post by crow »

Hognutz wrote: September 11th, 2019, 9:39 pm Been kicking it around for awhile. Never really thought I’d need or want one but I’ve got the itch. Trouble is, to extend the mag tube to 7+1, you’ve got to put at least 3 American parts into it to make it 922R compliant. Because it’s imported it can only come in to the country with the short mag tube. This can add several hundred dollars to the price just to add 2 more rounds. Dunno. Gotta sleep on it for awhile.

You should be fine without the add on.

Joe Biden says all you need is to stand on your back deck and shoot a double barrel off up into the air. :LMAO:
Magdump

Post by Magdump »

Hognutz wrote: September 11th, 2019, 8:49 am Anybody own a Benelli M4? I am thinking about a SHTF weapon and wondering about the magazine tube upgrades and such. Aftermarket or Benelli. Extension or full length. Titanium or steel. Pistol grip or not. Etc. Any help will be appreciated..
Mike
I have had a Benelli M4 for about 8 years now and could not be happier. In fact, I shot my first gobbler with it and used it as my turkey gun for the first few years (I am still kinda new to turkey hunting).

Definitely swap out the neutered magazine tube for an OEM Benelli tube. You can find them on Gunbroker easily, though they are expensive. They have to be neutered to be importable for the civilian market but it is an easy fix. You will need a heat gun though to heat up the receiver enough to unscrew the old one.

The gun is probably the best combat shotgun made. The Marines use it so that tells you something.

Add a side saddle ammo carrier and a Vickers two point sling and you are ready for the end of the world!

Works great breaking clays too!

My first gobbier, thanks to the M4, the bird that got me addicted!

Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Thanks for the info, Magdump! I actually did buy the M4 a couple of months ago. I ordered a complete trigger kit (Freedom Fighter Tactical) to make the transition to the full length mag tube legal. You get the hammer, trigger, disconnect and all associated springs. I only needed 2 of the 3 but it came as a package and it will make for a better trigger pull. I ordered a titanium full length tube from Kip at CarrierComp. It comes with a Wolf spring and a USA follower, (which counts as a 922R part) I should see it soon. It’s been just under 2 months since I ordered. He is always behind, but they called for payment 3 weeks ago and told me I would see it in 3ish weeks! He comes highly recommended. I have a Blue Force sling lined up.
Here is a picture of the stock M4 as she awaits the new tube and trigger!
Attachments
48B43D6C-A3D4-4034-9F29-E91E17942E31.jpeg
430472A3-6445-4DCB-9966-836F6C3151EA.jpeg
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

crow wrote: September 12th, 2019, 8:24 am

You should be fine without the add on.

Joe Biden says all you need is to stand on your back deck and shoot a double barrel off up into the air. :LMAO:
:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

Return to “Gun Talk”