Hevi-shot is in the bonafide TSS game

Vendor announcements, news, specials, etc..
KyKRAZEE

Hevi-shot is in the bonafide TSS game

Post by KyKRAZEE »

:violent3:
After a conversation this afternoon with a member of the Hevi-shot pro-staff it looks as if they too will be joining the Tungsten world. It's gonna be called Hevi-18.,will come in straight shot sizes ( 7s or 9s ) and will be out this fall in time for the fall turkey season ( if you have one ) . At this time that's ALL I know. Anyone else heard this?
BIG BLUE NATION FOREVER
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Hevi-shot is in the bonafide TSS game

Post by Hoobilly »

yep I seen this and we laughed cause probably next year that H18 will be H13 instead LOL

hope they do good. I have killed a lot of geese ducks and turkeys with Hevishot years ago
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
KyKRAZEE

Post by KyKRAZEE »

I'm wondering if it will look like **** like the other Hevi-shot does?
BIG BLUE NATION FOREVER
Gar Commander

Post by Gar Commander »

Go ahead and tell me what the good lot numbers are. lol
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

I've killed a bunch of turkeys w/ Environ-Metals, Inc., Hevi-Shot products and prior to that when the shot was first loaded by Jay Menefee at Polywad (what great shells). The original "old green" Remington HS shells were IMO the finest HTL shot shells for ducks and geese ever made (I'm down to a little over a full case) and accounted for numerous gobblers. The last few years, the total lack of transparency and truthfulness by EM and their representatives regarding the composition, fabrication, and performance of their products, especially the Hevi-X line, has totally eroded my confidence in the products and brand. With the current level of competition and quality from independent and major fabricators of TSS shot shells my only advice to EM would be, "Get your story straight on your products from the beginning. Don't make outlandish performance claims which exceed the shooting expertise of the majority of hunters. Price your product at a price point which precludes all the rebate BS and hassle. Be truthful!" For me, it really doesn't matter, since with the help of numerous folks on this site, "I now roll my own."
dsunday

Post by dsunday »

download (1).jpeg
download (1).jpeg (9.44 KiB) Viewed 64960 times
"Never trust what you quote from the internet" -Abe Lincoln
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Gar Commander wrote: June 26th, 2019, 9:37 pm Go ahead and tell me what the good lot numbers are. lol
:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

man that brings back so many memories.

I had the good stuff in the 20ga and Adrian Hare had the new stuff and he sent me a couple to cut apart and compare. was a big difference in the actual load overall. different filler, powder amount and then we found out later the actual shot was different also

was a big tadoo on the NWTF forum if anyone else remembers

crenshawco

Post by crenshawco »

They are so late to the game now. They had a major opportunity with TSS and refused to take advantage of it. That's the type of error that kills a business
KyKRAZEE

Post by KyKRAZEE »

Well, I just thought I'd pass it along and see if anyone else had heard this and it seems most you on here have some very negative things to say about them which I had never heard. These kind of things make me appreciate ALL the members on here that much more,by posting what you know, and lookin out for one another!!!
My biggest complaint about HS is my initial testing a long time ago with the 3.5•2.25 oz.•7s was at 40 yds. after I shot em I pulled the paper off the particle board and there were pellets falling out fro.from in-between the paper and board. They patterned very well (336 in the 10) but their lack of penetration in the patterning board was enough to tell me to either shoot 5s or 6s in HS or look elsewhere. So I moved on to Federal Heavyweight #7s. Anyone else have a similar experience with HS ? Please share, and thanks to one and all for all the great information.
BIG BLUE NATION FOREVER
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

When I initially started hunting w/ HTL shotshells, I shot 5's and eventually changed to 6's. Like a lot of shooters, I was influenced by the results I had obtained w/ lead loads and the prevailing information on what it took to kill gobblers. Remember, back in the 70's, Ben Rogers Lee advocated shooting 4's and body shooting gobblers. It was only when Hawglips and others started expounding the effectiveness of the smaller HTL shot, coupled w/ my own patterning and penetration tests on 1/4" marine plywood that I started shooting the EM, 2 oz load of 7's w/ 6's as back-ups in the magazine. The quality control and lack of consistancy w/ the EM loads had most knowledgable hunters searching for and buying specific lot numbers of the shells which had known proven components and effectiveness. I've kill a lot of gobblers w/ the HS 7's and even did an extensive series of necropsies and x-rays on the heads and necks of gobblers killed w/ the shells. In my experience, the early lot numbers of the EM, HS 6's and 7's produced superior patterns, penetrated effectively, and exhibited reproducable results. I purchased several cases of the early lot numbers in both 3" and 3 1/2" and have shot them exclusively until I started loading TSS. I was a "field tester" for Federal for a number of years and evaluated a lot of their HTL shells beginning w/ the Premium Tungsten-Iron high velocity (1450 fps.) loads. A good shell shell, but w/ only 1 3/8 oz. of shot compared to the 2 1/4 oz shot in the Activ, the patterns were sparse. I have shot and evaluated the Heavyweight Turkey w/ the revolutionary FLITECONTROL Wad (their words, not mine) in every gauge produced, through dozens of different choke tubes, and although the penetration was phenominal, only obtained "huntable" turkey patterns w/ the 20 and 10 gauges in the shotguns which I evaluated. I had numerous conversations w/ Rachael Poore, the product mgr. at Federal for the shells who suggested I try .700 chokes in 12 gauge which was well before the advent of the George Trulock designed tubes. Too many folks at Federal had their careers and marketing dollars tied to the FC wad and didn't or refused to listen to the shooters in the field. With that said, the HW 12 gauge turkey loads in 5's, 6's and 7's @1300 fps are bad medicine on ducks and geese w/ a modified choke tube.
kythunter

Post by kythunter »

Hevi #7 was one of the last factory loads I shot before hand loading TSS. Before that it was copper plated loads, Win Extended, then hevi and long beards. All 12ga 3".
I was hunting a woods gobbler one morning and he gave me a 53 yard shot. I didn't realize he was "that far" anyway hevi #7 cut feathers, knocked him down for a second then he flew off. That's when I started researching the best load available and I came across TSS hand loaders and the rest is history.
toasty

Post by toasty »

The more companies producing this stuff the easier it will be to find on clearance at the end of the season. Environmetal are such scam artists, I will be very careful what I buy and thoroughly test it before buying it quantity. It wouldn't surprise me to see hevi 18 come in around 12-13g/cc density. They should be out of business by now with all the crap they have pulled, but they got a good name for their original hevishot which was good stuff and they continue to live off that name with all of their recent garbage. If you sense disdain for them, you would be correct, can't stand them.
derbyacresbob

Post by derbyacresbob »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45yofk-U8nQ

Watch the above video if you want to hear a bunch of lies from EMI. They are always talking about Hevi-Shot and high density shot while they are showing you boxes of Hevi-Steel, Hevi-Metal and Hevi-X. There is no Hevi-Shot 12g/cc shot in Hevi-Steel, Hevi-Metal or Hevi-X shells.

When they talk about how great Hevi-Shot is they don't mention that it costs about 5 times more per shell than Hevi-Steel and Hevi-Shot costs at least 3 times more per shell than each Hevi-Metal shell does.

Talking about 12g/cc Hevi-Shot and it being denser than lead while they are showing Hevi-Steel, Hevi-Metal and Hevi-X ammo boxes is trying to mislead the buyers of their ammo.

In the above video the head guy at EMI says a coffee cup of Hevi-Shot weighs 40 pounds. LOL

There are still lots of hunters that really think there is 12g/cc Hevi-Shot in Hevi-Metal shells.
ImageHM-Back-Panel by , on Flickr
Click on the above picture to make it bigger.
When Hevi-Metal first came out it sounded pretty good to me because they were saying it was 50% Hevi-Shot in with the steel shot in Hevi-Metal loads. There never has been any 12g/cc shot in Hevi-Metal loads.

ImageIMG_1708 by , on Flickr
In the above picture there is some copper colored Rem HD BB pellets and the B shot Hevi-Shot pellets out of a 1-1/2 oz Hevi-Shot Goose load. I really liked the Rem HD 3" 1-1/2 oz BB loads for coyote. I found some Hevi-Shot B shot goose loads on sale so I bought some thinking that the Hevi-Shot 1-1/2 oz B loads would have about 10 more pellets than the Rem HD 1-1/2 oz BB load. I was wrong they both had 70 pellets in them. Some of the Hevi-Shot B pellets were T shot size or bigger and some of them were smaller than B shot size.
Foxpro Field Staff
crow

Post by crow »

The Rem HD BB's look good but the rest is some pathetic looking misshaped shot, I guess some of them would tear a good wound channel if they could manage to stay in the pattern.
toasty

Post by toasty »

Haha, I was told once by EMI that they leave those little extra spheres attached to some of the shot on purpose to increase the wound channel. Ya right.
derbyacresbob

Post by derbyacresbob »

Maybe EMI will come out with TSS #4 shot with a TSS #9 pellet stuck to it.
Foxpro Field Staff
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

I shot the "Blends" (5X6X7) for years in my 1187 Super Mag, struggled to get 100 in a 10" circle at 40 yards and the blends shot better than any other shell I patterned and I tried a LOT of different shells. I now get 4 times the shot in the 10" @ 40 with TSS in a 20 ga. as I did with the 3.5" 12 ga.I ain't never looking back. :D
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

derbyacresbob wrote: August 8th, 2019, 2:46 pm Maybe EMI will come out with TSS #4 shot with a TSS #9 pellet stuck to it.
:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

thats hilarious!

SwampDrummin

Post by SwampDrummin »

Would've been neat if they would have come out with Hevi-19. Would have given them a chance at success.
derbyacresbob

Post by derbyacresbob »

SwampDrummin wrote: August 9th, 2019, 3:35 pm Would've been neat if they would have come out with Hevi-19. Would have given them a chance at success.
If you put 11g/cc shot and 8g/cc shot into the same shell that would come to a total of Hevi-19!
Foxpro Field Staff
dsunday

Post by dsunday »

derbyacresbob wrote: August 7th, 2019, 8:17 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45yofk-U8nQ

Watch the above video if you want to hear a bunch of lies from EMI. They are always talking about Hevi-Shot and high density shot while they are showing you boxes of Hevi-Steel, Hevi-Metal and Hevi-X. There is no Hevi-Shot 12g/cc shot in Hevi-Steel, Hevi-Metal or Hevi-X shells.

When they talk about how great Hevi-Shot is they don't mention that it costs about 5 times more per shell than Hevi-Steel and Hevi-Shot costs at least 3 times more per shell than each Hevi-Metal shell does.

Yeah if you do a pellet count on hevi metal, it's no more than regular steel. They claim the hevi shot in it was a smaller size but that should mean more pellets, as the BB load was supposed to have steel bbs and #2 hevi. Doesn't matter anyway, patterned like junk

Talking about 12g/cc Hevi-Shot and it being denser than lead while they are showing Hevi-Steel, Hevi-Metal and Hevi-X ammo boxes is trying to mislead the buyers of their ammo.

In the above video the head guy at EMI says a coffee cup of Hevi-Shot weighs 40 pounds. LOL

There are still lots of hunters that really think there is 12g/cc Hevi-Shot in Hevi-Metal shells.
ImageHM-Back-Panel by , on Flickr
Click on the above picture to make it bigger.
When Hevi-Metal first came out it sounded pretty good to me because they were saying it was 50% Hevi-Shot in with the steel shot in Hevi-Metal loads. There never has been any 12g/cc shot in Hevi-Metal loads.

ImageIMG_1708 by , on Flickr
In the above picture there is some copper colored Rem HD BB pellets and the B shot Hevi-Shot pellets out of a 1-1/2 oz Hevi-Shot Goose load. I really liked the Rem HD 3" 1-1/2 oz BB loads for coyote. I found some Hevi-Shot B shot goose loads on sale so I bought some thinking that the Hevi-Shot 1-1/2 oz B loads would have about 10 more pellets than the Rem HD 1-1/2 oz BB load. I was wrong they both had 70 pellets in them. Some of the Hevi-Shot B pellets were T shot size or bigger and some of them were smaller than B shot size.
"Never trust what you quote from the internet" -Abe Lincoln
toasty

Post by toasty »

derbyacresbob wrote: August 10th, 2019, 2:01 pm

If you put 11g/cc shot and 8g/cc shot into the same shell that would come to a total of Hevi-19!
:lol:
gobblerfever

Post by gobblerfever »

I have used Hevishot, Hevi X, Hevi Metal, and Magnum Blends and never had a single problem out of any of it. I will be buying some of the
new Hevi 18 TSS Turkey for both my 12 gauge and .410. Hevishot is a great American Company that makes darn good shotgun shells not sure
why that is so hard to fathom.
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Southern Sportsman »

gobblerfever wrote: January 12th, 2021, 7:53 pm Hevishot is a great American Company that makes darn good shotgun shells not sure why that is so hard to fathom.
It’s hard to fathom because those with enough ballistics knowledge to evaluate it (there’s a lot on this forum) know the last part to be false. They USE to make fine shotgun shells. Then they watered down their products and kept selling them at the same price point. See decoykrvr’s earlier post.

They also have an annoying habit of hiring trolls to go on public forums and trumpet how great their products and company are. It’s usually the first post they make after registering. By the way, I see you’re new here . . .
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Southern Sportsman wrote: January 12th, 2021, 8:08 pm
gobblerfever wrote: January 12th, 2021, 7:53 pm Hevishot is a great American Company that makes darn good shotgun shells not sure why that is so hard to fathom.
It’s hard to fathom because those with enough ballistics knowledge to evaluate it (there’s a lot on this forum) know the last part to be false. They USE to make fine shotgun shells. Then they watered down their products and kept selling them at the same price point. See decoykrvr’s earlier post.

They also have an annoying habit of hiring trolls to go on public forums and trumpet how great their products and company are. It’s usually the first post they make after registering. By the way, I see you’re new here . . .
Exactly :LMAO:

Return to “Vendor Alley”