Eastern MT

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Eastern MT

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

I've been in Eastern MT this week. I should stop and get a lot more photos than I do, but I've always got a lot if miles to cover.

Antelope doe. She probably had a fawn somewhere

Really nice antelope buck

Oncoming traffic

Photos of the boys when I got home today. They are growing like crazy. I lost all 15 chickens in one night to a thieving fox a week and a half ago. It got all 6 of the neighbors on the same night. Turkeys faired better

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Eastern MT

Post by Hoobilly »

I sure miss seeing them wide open spaces!

Beautiful country and pictures
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

I put in for the antelope tag drawing in the area I live in, I sure like antelope meat over deer , I haven't shot a deer since 2004, now that CWD is showing up in the deer so they will never be cooked or served in my house again. Great pictures hobbes, snowing heavy today in the bigger mountain ranges up to a foot deep already in some places south of Billings and Missoula and Kalispell area getting snow too.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

Grumpy wrote: June 20th, 2019, 8:21 pm I put in for the antelope tag drawing in the area I live in, I sure like antelope meat over deer , I haven't shot a deer since 2004, now that CWD is showing up in the deer so they will never be cooked or served in my house again. Great pictures hobbes, snowing heavy today in the bigger mountain ranges up to a foot deep already in some places south of Billings and Missoula and Kalispell area getting snow too.
I drove through quite a bit of rain. The cattle were just east of White Sulphur Springs and it was raining on the folks on horses. Looked like a bad day to move them. It was raining hard and 41 degrees after I ate lunch there, so I knew it had to be snowing up higher.
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

I was just out in the shop and turned the heat on for a bit to take the chill off and last night and again tonight we will have the heat on low here in the house. The cold fronts here come right off the Canadian Rockys and right down out of Canada to us.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
WoodMoose

Post by WoodMoose »

I'm heading that way the second week of Sept,,,gonna chase some birds
hookspur

Post by hookspur »

Pretty pics, Shane. Keep 'em coming. I might make it out that way in the next year or two.
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Yup will be stalking the breaks in the am for a Muley and sitting in a blind in the afternoon for Pronghorn in just over a month ! :thumbup:

Return to “Gobbler Talk”