Day 24, 05/15 of the 2019 Ohio Spring Turkey Season.

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Day 24, 05/15 of the 2019 Ohio Spring Turkey Season.

Post by HunterGKS »

It was 48, with clear skies, moonless, & a slight breeze at 05:42 A.M. The song birds were out in force again.
Two roots tried to trip me on the walk in but failed. My back was acting up, again, so I decided to sit in my
big blind. It’s a lot easier to get up from a camp chair as opposed to a turkey lounger. I also put out 2 hens
& a jake.

At 06:35, the Dueling Woodpeckers started up again. And 1 hammered most of the morning. At 08:38, a doe
walked through the green field & stopped at the edge looking to the east. I think it spotted my ground blind,
couldn’t figure out what it was, & left walking west along the edge. At 11:05, a squirrel showed up for about
2 seconds.

I had been calling sporadically all morning with nary a response. The deer & squirrel didn’t stick around long
enough to provide any entertainment & I was bored to death. So, at 12:25, I stepped out of the blind to do a
short walk around before leaving. I heard a shot from the NW at the spot where 1 gobbles when it gobbles. I
left at 01:00 P.M. with a temp of 74, clear skies, & breezy.

Tomorrow also looks to be a good day starting with a temp of 50 up to the mid-70s, little chance of rain, & a
slight breeze. I’ll try again but I have to admit, I am getting discouraged.

Everyone should be able to access this video.

https://www.facebook.com/george.swartzf ... 790959074/
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Day 24, 05/15 of the 2019 Ohio Spring Turkey Season.

Post by Grumpy »

I really hate those "garbage pandas",and I shoot them on site, as bad as coyotes on game birds
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Day 24, 05/15 of the 2019 Ohio Spring Turkey Season.

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

George, I'll give you one thing.....your persistent. You've probably covered it, but I believe I'd have to look for some other opportunity. Seems like a whole lot of sitting without much action.

Good luck, I hope your persistence pays off.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”