jealousy or unsportsmanlike

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
willie

jealousy or unsportsmanlike

Post by willie »

what is the most disrespectful thing a hunter has done to you while hunting a turkey.in my case a fellow would pull up to my truck and empty his shotgun.
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: jealousy or unsportsmanlike

Post by MKW »

I had someone cut 2 of the 35" tires on my truck. I was about 8 miles from the highway on public land. Cost me about $1000 and my truck had to stay out there for a week. Who has 2 35" spares??
Ultimate Predator
appalachianassassin
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by appalachianassassin »

Had a gentleman take a **** in the bed of my old toyota.
El Sicario
dirtnap

Post by dirtnap »

appalachianassassin wrote: April 12th, 2019, 7:44 pm Had a gentleman take a **** in the bed of my old toyota.
We have a winner. Close the thread.

Dang. You must a been wearing his spot out.
dirtnap

Post by dirtnap »

Was it a biggun?
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Any money in it,,,,, :LMAO:
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

40 years after the fact, a friend told another friend that he wouldn't hold it against him or think bad about him but he'd been curious for over four decades and wanted to get something off his chest. (These guys have traveled to Europe together to hunt game and took their wives. Close buddies. ) Then he asked him "Did you take a dump in my turkey blind back in the late 1970s ?" "Did you do it a second time?" After my buddy got up off the ground rolling around laughing, he told the questioner: "Hell, no" . Then he asked: "Do you think Gil did it?" He laughed harder and told him: "I doubt it. He would have told me by now." For the record, I didn't.
Greenheadrocker

Post by Greenheadrocker »

MKW wrote: April 12th, 2019, 7:19 pm I had someone cut 2 of the 35" tires on my truck. I was about 8 miles from the highway on public land. Cost me about $1000 and my truck had to stay out there for a week. Who has 2 35" spares??
Damn Mike was that this season? That sucks.
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

Greenheadrocker wrote: April 12th, 2019, 8:52 pm
MKW wrote: April 12th, 2019, 7:19 pm I had someone cut 2 of the 35" tires on my truck. I was about 8 miles from the highway on public land. Cost me about $1000 and my truck had to stay out there for a week. Who has 2 35" spares??
It was the 2017 season. Some of my buddies swear it's because somebody knew it was MY truck. They thought it was personal. Some folks think they own every turkey they hear on public land.
Ultimate Predator
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Had the same thing happen to me in Alabama and Kansas ! Now I carry a spare game cam and set it up looking over my truck !
Greenheadrocker

Post by Greenheadrocker »

MKW wrote: April 12th, 2019, 9:21 pm
Greenheadrocker wrote: April 12th, 2019, 8:52 pm
It was the 2017 season. Some of my buddies swear it's because somebody knew it was MY truck. They thought it was personal. Some folks think they own every turkey they hear on public land.
What a shame. Jealousy my friend.
BrowningGuy88

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

I had a guy pepper me with #6 copper plated one morning when he trespassed and shot the bird I was working on MY private property.

He was not a happy person when I got done with him.
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

timbrhuntr wrote: April 12th, 2019, 9:28 pm
Had the same thing happen to me in Alabama and Kansas ! Now I carry a spare game cam and set it up looking over my truck !
I do the same now.
Ultimate Predator
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Worse thing is I have a guy calling the dnr that he’s caught me trespassing 3 times now. The last time this happened the sherif went full drill instructor on him. Told that feller if he did it again and or ruined my hunts that he would be arrested
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
jdjnicholson

Post by jdjnicholson »

While set up Fall turkey hunting, had a guy walk past me and walk the ridge above me firing his shotgun. Guess I was in his spot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Had a guy scream at me "Your mama wears combat boots"
MAK

Post by MAK »

Last fall was walking/ prospecting for turkeys along property line of my cousins farm. I’m 100 yards from property line, his neighbor decided it was a good time to flank me and empty 2 handguns.

I’m sure it had nothing to do with me seeing him on the wrong side of the property line hunting. He and my cousin have a history if u know what I mean
MAK
gblrsrst

Post by gblrsrst »

You guys need to find different places to hunt! :bootyshake:
Gretchen was a Great Dog! Jinger Lou is Becoming one!
Prospector

Post by Prospector »

Man those are some sorry fellows. You sure ain’t much of a man to do those sneaky type things. If you can’t face a guy with your pblms with him it’s best to let it be.... backstabbing like that doesn’t speak well of their raising
“Son, Turkey HUNTING starts at 40yds and in. If you can kill him farther that’s all you’re doing- KILLING. Make him think he’s answering you, call him up, kill him closer-Man! Now that’s what it’s meant to be…” Johnnie Keel ( an Old Pro most never know)
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

hoobilly wrote: April 12th, 2019, 11:18 pm Worse thing is I have a guy calling the dnr that he’s caught me trespassing 3 times now. The last time this happened the sherif went full drill instructor on him. Told that feller if he did it again and or ruined my hunts that he would be arrested
I had that happen to me in New York. Idiot lived next to public land and called the dnr anytime someone hunted in there. The game warden apologized to me and hinted about filing hunter harassment charges.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

That’s as bad as it gets.
coconut

Post by coconut »

The worst deal turkey Was a guy that started yelling to spook a turkey away from me. Deer hunting I had a person put roofing tacks in the road and had a deal where a fellow would super glue my gate lock key hole.
willie

Post by willie »

when these people would take a dump in your truck bed was there any toilet paper involved.u hunt next to some nasty people. :cheers:
coconut

Post by coconut »

Wonder why they picked the bed? Seems like hood or windshield would be better 💩
SwampDrummin

Post by SwampDrummin »

coconut wrote: April 13th, 2019, 8:14 pm Wonder why they picked the bed? Seems like hood or windshield would be better 💩
So what’s the worst you’ve done to someone coconut?

Return to “Gobbler Talk”