Turkey Men, Volumes 1 and 2

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
RapscallionVermilion

Turkey Men, Volumes 1 and 2

Post by RapscallionVermilion »

I've been really enjoying Thomas Pero's two volume set, Turkey Men, from Wild River Press. Mr. Pero interviewed a dozen turkey hunters that have completed the US Super Slam.The US Super Slam isn't in the cards for me, but I've gotten a lot of insights from the interviews into how they approached new states and how turkey hunting and their tactics evolved over the years it took them to complete the slam. The books are really beautifully produced. The second volume leads off with 70+ pages of interview with Dave Owens and Doc Weddle. Volume 2 also comes with a CD with Dave and Doc talking more about turkey calls, their approach to calling and demonstrating some calls. Great stuff all around if someone is looking for something to add to their Christmas list.
Fdept56

Re: Turkey Men, Volumes 1 and 2

Post by Fdept56 »

Just got my copies in last night! The little bit I’ve read has been awesome so far. Ive had to try to stay away from them while I need to be doing other things because I know I won’t be able to pry myself away from them!
deerhunt1988

Post by deerhunt1988 »

I'll also vouch for the books. Both are well worth it! A lot to be learned..
firedup

Post by firedup »

I well done set of books. If you like turkey hunting and are into turkey books....definitely worth having. Also available in a limited edition leather bound set.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”