Not looking forward to Florence visiting

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Cut N Run

Not looking forward to Florence visiting

Post by Cut N Run »

I hope those in Florence's path can get hunkered down & stay safe. She's gonna be a big one. The weather guessers are saying it might be up around 140 mph when she makes landfall. I'm in the central part of the state and in 1996 Hurricane Fran took us out of power for 9 days. Never seen so many trees down in my life. I got to feeling like I was running the chainsaw in my sleep. Florence is supposed to be more powerful than Fran was. Even though I'm pretty well prepared, I'm not ready for it at all.

Jim
unclemrbig

Re: Not looking forward to Florence visiting

Post by unclemrbig »

Cut N Run wrote:I hope those in Florence's path can get hunkered down & stay safe. She's gonna be a big one. The weather guessers are saying it might be up around 140 mph when she makes landfall. I'm in the central part of the state and in 1996 Hurricane Fran took us out of power for 9 days. Never seen so many trees down in my life. I got to feeling like I was running the chainsaw in my sleep. Florence is supposed to be more powerful than Fran was. Even though I'm pretty well prepared, I'm not ready for it at all.

Jim
Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Hoping it settles down at the last minute and doesn’t do the damage they are predicting. We can wish. Prayers for you and so many others who will be facing the brunt
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

Prepare well and hunker down, Florence looks to be a nasty one. Good luck!
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Stay safe!
Cut N Run

Post by Cut N Run »

unclemrbig wrote: September 10th, 2018, 11:43 pm
Cut N Run wrote:I hope those in Florence's path can get hunkered down & stay safe. She's gonna be a big one. The weather guessers are saying it might be up around 140 mph when she makes landfall. I'm in the central part of the state and in 1996 Hurricane Fran took us out of power for 9 days. Never seen so many trees down in my life. I got to feeling like I was running the chainsaw in my sleep. Florence is supposed to be more powerful than Fran was. Even though I'm pretty well prepared, I'm not ready for it at all.

Jim
Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Near the Durham & Orange County line, I've got a Hillsborough address. I live closer to Bahama or Rougemont than anything else.

Fran took down trees on trees, like dominoes. I also worked at the two horse farms every day to get their roads & trails open. There was a lot of fence fixing to be done that fallen trees took out too. When all was said and done, we had a big bonfire party at each farm to celebrate surviving & get some of the debris out of there. I'll go ahead an admit this now, I left a big red oak down across the ridge trail on the smaller farm to force the ladies to ride different trails and take pressure off my turkey hunting hot spot. That next Spring I killed the two biggest longbeards I ever shot off that farm because there was less horse traffic through that area and they were more relaxed spending time in that piece of woods.

Jim
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

Yeah, this one concerns me a bit. We are getting out of here this afternoon or early in the morning. I'm just too close to the coast and pretty close to the projected path. I'm in Murrells Inlet, SC. Not gonna stay thru a strong 3 or 4 hurricane.
Yall be safe.
Ultimate Predator
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Thoughts are with y'all in the path. I rode out Matthew and Irma here. Wouldn't begin to stay put in a 3 or worse. Gil
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Thoughts are with y'all in the path. I rode out Matthew and Irma here. Wouldn't begin to stay put in a 3 or worse. I evacuated in Floyd and Hugo. Hugo had us dead in its sights but upticked a notch to the north and clobbered Charleston. Gil
hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hookedspur »

Prayers for all to be safe .
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Stay safe.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

Stay safe everyone & don't try to play hero. Do what you're told.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Return to “Gobbler Talk”