I have a awesome girlfriend

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

I have a awesome girlfriend

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

So she says some of your stuff came in. Like half of it. I walk into the garage to this. The Mora knives are amazing and we needed more. Those as seen on TV lights are a value at 10 bucks
13021.jpeg
Than she got me a new duck call, she's annoyed, I'm overjoyed.
13027.jpeg
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: I have a awesome girlfriend

Post by Hoobilly »

she's a keeper!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

I also have an awesome girlfriend, I just wish my wife could get along with her a little better.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

hoobilly wrote: August 28th, 2018, 10:40 pm she's a keeper!
*Please hope she never sees this as we're arguing*

You are right, we're best friends and been together 18 years. I can honestly say I've never shared the woods with any better, myself included, she's a machine She's a fine a woodman you'll see.
Our whole life is hunting, whether building calls or guiding. I'd laugh when guys come to camp get her and sniker. I'm thinking "you know how many kills she has seen you'd change"
She'll gut and skin a deer fast as anyone. Yes I found a keeper.
And yes she spoils me!!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Grumpy wrote: August 28th, 2018, 11:22 pm I also have an awesome girlfriend, I just wish my wife could get along with her a little better.
Threesome's are awesome, except when it's another guy, it gets painful. Best of luck!!!
P.S. Always be the poker and not pokie...
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

It’s like Christmas in August. 👍🏻
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

Nice! What’s the deal with Mora knives? Never heard of em.
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Waddle Whacker wrote: August 29th, 2018, 10:22 am Nice! What’s the deal with Mora knives? Never heard of em.
Don't quote me, Frost and Mora of sweeden combined. They are a very basic sharp knife, best value imo. I've had SS, but love the high carbon. It's patina pretty good but they sharpen like a dream I bought craftline or clipper have both. Absolutely perfect size for any animal.

People may laugh at colors we bought. But how many times you get done gutting and go with is my knife. Lol
SwampDrummin

Post by SwampDrummin »

She got a sister?
crow

Post by crow »

I've used the Mora carbon steel blades for the last 12 years, great blades for the money, easy to sharpen and hold their edge very well. We bought extras to use in the kitchen and house projects.

Have also been using the Frost horseshoeing hoof knives for just about 40 years, they are also a very good knife.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Waddle Whacker wrote: August 29th, 2018, 10:22 am Nice! What’s the deal with Mora knives? Never heard of em.
Here's something everyone should have, this knife sharpener looks basic, but it's amazing. I use a lansky when I let them go to far. But this Lil guy will have you shaving all the hair off your arm in a minute. Blows away them lil stick ones.

I've bought them for most my friends. Had one buddy do a pack in trip, he came back said that he could cut down a tree after using.
R119_amazon_inuse_1200x.jpg
firedup

Post by firedup »

She is definitely a KEEPER! X2 on the mora knives and the sharpener! I also have used the mora knives for years and prefer the carbon steel for the edge. But both carbon and ss are great deals. Solid camp, skinning, truck or whatever knives. Another great value is the wahoo killer knives. Basically a mora clone/ripoff and just about as good. And a lot cheaper too. Almost disposable.
https://www.budk.com/Wahoo-Killer-Knife-1038
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: August 29th, 2018, 10:20 pm
Don't quote me, Frost and Mora of sweeden combined. They are a very basic sharp knife, best value imo. I've had SS, but love the high carbon. It's patina pretty good but they sharpen like a dream I bought craftline or clipper have both. Absolutely perfect size for any animal.

People may laugh at colors we bought. But how many times you get done gutting and go with is my knife. Lol
Thank ya sir. Just ordered 2 from amazon. Already use one of those sharpeners, and I agree, they’re great. They also work pretty well on most 2 blade broadheads that I shoot out of my recurve. I usually finish on a jewel stone and/or strop, but they’re sharp enough to kill with, right off the roller.
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

Waddle Whacker wrote: August 31st, 2018, 1:17 pm
ICDEDTURKES wrote: August 29th, 2018, 10:20 pm

Thank ya sir. Just ordered 2 from amazon. Already use one of those sharpeners, and I agree, they’re great. They also work pretty well on most 2 blade broadheads that I shoot out of my recurve. I usually finish on a jewel stone and/or strop, but they’re sharp enough to kill with, right off the roller.
GOSH i wish i had a place to sharpen a knife :lol: :lol:
Sloppy_Snood

Post by Sloppy_Snood »

... I’ve met her; she does seem awesome.

QUESTION: why haven’t you proposed to her Mr. Nimmwhitt?

Love ya Sal! -Slopster
"You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?"- Bernadette Peters
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well going on your recommendations, I ordered 3 of those RADA knife sharpners. I have never been able to sharpen a knife worth a hoot. This simple gadget got great reviews. I got a 3 pack of them from Amazon for $20! Probably give one to a buddy and my son.

Thanks,

Kevin
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Sloppy_Snood wrote: September 1st, 2018, 4:38 pm ... I’ve met her; she does seem awesome.

QUESTION: why haven’t you proposed to her Mr. Nimmwhitt?

Love ya Sal! -Slopster
I wonder the same thing!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/

Return to “Gobbler Talk”