New Toy

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: New Toy

Post by OLE RASPY »

Right.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

OLE RASPY wrote: July 22nd, 2018, 10:36 am C7FA4832-B85E-499F-A347-640CD16D5CA5.jpeg
Boneless mesquite chops rack of ribs asparagus spears and shrooms that’s what was for supper last night
Looks good, how'd the ribs turn out? Things are awesome
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Ribs was realllll good.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Thanks guys don't believe it isn't running through our heads, we both love cooking and we work great together in the kitchen, its like hells kitchen, she's awesome with outdoor cooking, but she's amazing with indoor down home meals. All my saved stuff on Facebook are recipes.

All our friends we cook for say we should, we have all the financial backing we need. If guiding goes good this fall and spring there's an awesome BBQ mobile trailer for sale next town over for sale, it's state of the art and would be our summer, I'd move it to our town. Their is a awesome lot in our small town for sale, our little town basically has only a little cafe and a co-op selling food with farmers and contractors with big appetites.

There is a prime lot available in town. Other idea is we know every bar/restaurant owners around and pull in trailer and do BBQ at one place 2 nights here 2 nights at another as they're already have a licensed kitchen.

We have an entire notebook of unique recipes that no one has seen.

Excited for fall getting to cook for the lodge with a lucrative budget. Why we've been doing so many 30 minute meals.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: July 22nd, 2018, 8:41 pm Thanks guys don't believe it isn't running through our heads, we both love cooking and we work great together in the kitchen, its like hells kitchen, she's awesome with outdoor cooking, but she's amazing with indoor down home meals. All my saved stuff on Facebook are recipes.

All our friends we cook for say we should, we have all the financial backing we need. If guiding goes good this fall and spring there's an awesome BBQ mobile trailer for sale next town over for sale, it's state of the art and would be our summer, I'd move it to our town. Their is a awesome lot in our small town for sale, our little town basically has only a little cafe and a co-op selling food with farmers and contractors with big appetites.

There is a prime lot available in town. Other idea is we know every bar/restaurant owners around and pull in trailer and do BBQ at one place 2 nights here 2 nights at another as they're already have a licensed kitchen.

We have an entire notebook of unique recipes that no one has seen.

Excited for fall getting to cook for the lodge with a lucrative budget. Why we've been doing so many 30 minute meals.
good times, good food and dead critters makes memories that last a lifetime.. they will remember the food and critters most
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

So bought so many Chuck eyes other day, cooked to 128 it, griddled up first MI corn of the year, blackened shrimp, made a vegetable pack in oven
11867.jpeg
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

hoobilly wrote: July 22nd, 2018, 11:20 pm
good times, good food and dead critters makes memories that last a lifetime.. they will remember the food and critters most
Yup most vivid memories I have is sitting watching the sun go down on a remote river as we cook fresh moose neck on a wood fire dang I miss those remote trips always seemed to gain weight no matter how far back we paddled and hiked !
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Grilled pork ribs, crispy oven baked, thin sliced, red potatoes seasoned with Lowry’s, Italian seasoning and olive oil and fresh from someone’s garden, cucumber.
Grilled on a Weber Summit.
2 margaritas and a cigar..
Crazy, off the charts good!
71EE6711-40C1-495F-B260-4850A4DE83C3.jpeg
E79517B8-407C-4FC9-85BD-9BC87812F5C6.jpeg
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hognutz wrote: July 28th, 2018, 8:05 pm Grilled pork ribs, crispy oven baked, thin sliced, red potatoes seasoned with Lowry’s, Italian seasoning and olive oil and fresh from someone’s garden, cucumber.
Grilled on a Weber Summit.
2 margaritas and a cigar..
Crazy, off the charts good! 71EE6711-40C1-495F-B260-4850A4DE83C3.jpegE79517B8-407C-4FC9-85BD-9BC87812F5C6.jpeg
Looks great. Pickling cukes are my fetish, literally those with salt and pepper are my go to late night snack. Also in apple cider vinegar with red onions. Margarita? Aren't you from Wisconsin?
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

I put a batch up today with vinegar and onions. Gotta sit for a couple of days. I love cukes any way shape or form.
As far as the margaritas, I enjoy them when it’s warm. That or Seagrams Gin and tonic infused with lime. I was out of tonic. My other is VO or Crown Royal on the rocks with a couple of olives.
Being a retired Ironworker and played ball till I was 40, I have spilled more beer than most have drank!! :lol: I do enjoy an ice cold brewski now and then but only can get a couple down. There is a beer “wall” and I have hit it..
** My drinking is within reason. My days of being “over served” are long over!**
Last edited by Hognutz on July 29th, 2018, 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

IVE GIVEN UP ON PIZZA PICS. :dontknow:
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

OLE RASPY wrote: July 28th, 2018, 10:35 pm IVE GIVEN UP ON PIZZA PICS. :dontknow:
All elusive pizza pictures

I bet he’s joined some weird pizza cult and can’t do pictures

OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

I think your right. 🤔
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

So the other day drove an hour to my favorite fruit market, I know I know, lame but this place is like going to Bass pro shop for me. Literally the best sauces, glazes, herbs, produce I've ever found. The deli is awesome. Literally we can only spend limited time as we'll spend hundreds
11886.jpeg
11892.jpeg
11902.jpeg
11908.jpeg
[attachment=1]11919.jpeg[/attachment
Attachments
11919.jpeg
11919.jpeg
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

So kamados got mad, fired up junior. Reverse seared my favorite steak, Chuck eyes. Put um on jr til 110 then put on Blackstone til 128. The carmelized onions was the best I ever had using pictured glaze. Sal's loaded mash redskins potatoes are amazing, bacon, sour cream, chive onion cream cheese, scallions and simple bush beans.
11966.jpeg
11962.jpeg
12117.jpeg
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Not Blackstone, fired up junior to 250, brined the tenderloins for a while. Smoked til 140 with cherry, glazed one in peach glaze pictured. BBQ sauce and one in the peach glaze, sides we're acorn squash and baked redskins topped with helluva dip chip dip. You haven't had chip dip on potato your missing out.
11960.jpeg
11964.jpeg
12230.jpeg
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Not Blackstone, sal decided to do some soul food. We buy these noodles, which are amazing like homemade. Cream of chicken soup,chicken,corn,green beans, carrots. Easy meal
12235.jpeg
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

I wish we had a market like that around here..

I hope you two get to open up at least part time through the summer months or something. Would definitely head north

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: August 1st, 2018, 3:06 pm Not Blackstone, sal decided to do some soul food. We buy these noodles, which are amazing like homemade. Cream of chicken soup,chicken,corn,green beans, carrots. Easy meal

12235.jpeg
So sal and I always cook for an army, and theirs 2 resulting in leftovers. I am not a leftover eater, but sal had an idea for the noodles, chicken, corn carrots, green beans above. Make a pastie which is a staple in Michigan on a bed of stuffing. Seriously amazing, it was a sal going "hold my beer and watch this moment"
12250.jpeg
gobblerchsr

Post by gobblerchsr »

Thanks for sharing! You're making me hungry but most of all the versatility sounds awesome!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Decided on some stuffed burgers or "jucy Lucy" on the Blackstone, mine was bacon Swiss A1 peppercorn on a pretzel buns. Sal decided on cream cheese jalepeno Chipotle mayo on chiattiaba. Some Blackstone grilled corn and veggies round it out.
12321.jpeg
12318.jpeg
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

man your killing me with those burger pictures!

and Hognutz's ribs looks delicious

I am envious right now

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Fired up the 28" Blackstone. Simple meal, just a couple lobster tail doused in butter with Cajun seasoning, Tiger Shrimp in a Peach Glaze, Portabellas stuffed with crab and shrimp and white asparagus
12364.jpeg
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

come on man! its been 4 days since your last post on the BSG! the lobster tails platter looks goooood

OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

I did a big ole western omelet yesterday morning.
7843A62A-D97E-4340-AEE9-BC3E6E7B45C2.jpeg
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)

Return to “Gobbler Talk”