Warning graphic lol

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Warning graphic lol

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

I don't post pics or stories very often but this one's memorable.
Sal and I have a friend whom we both consider our best. When she and I fight it's a race who calls him first. He's seriously Sal's best friend without a doubt.

So when we hunt together we jack around glassing, looking for an easy one. I wish I knew how to get video on here, we jam out acting like idiots just having fun. Seriously fun to have fun hunting sometimes.

Well this year he started a new job and we got to hunt together twice only twice. First time yelped him a gob to 41 yards he missed, now this cat can shoot, I've seen him killing deer at 6-7 hundred yards on video with a 243. He started telling sal it was 60. Sal grabbed um and said it was 40, let's pace, 41 yards. She gave him he'll.

Fast forward next time we hunt. Not expecting see much as it was hot. We drive by one of our best pieces 400 acres. There were 28 longbeards in one group before season. May sound stupid but we only hunt this place when we have kids or friends with limited time. Well low and behold as we drive by jamming to old school rap, "Stop Stop stop" 14 red heads in a field..

Sal's guide instincts took over, "get your fat azz out of truck leave your calls, crawl that hill there headed right for it take my brown hooks hat doubles as decoy" (another story, it works) We roll up road window down knowing a inevitable shot and glass, where sitting there glassing seeing a big brown blob and the turkeys 25 yards in front. We look at each and go "why the hell he ain't shooting" all a sudden bang.

He stands up fist pumping, we drive out there "why you wait so long" he goes I coulda killed five longbeards in one shot. They wouldn't separate

Walk up bird it's decimated. What the hell you shooting, he replies 20g 2 3/4 lea d6s. Shot it at 9 feet. Said with the brown hat they came running.

I've never seen someone get so worked up over killing something but I love it, he has a hunting show, guides, been about everywhere, but man it tears him up. I'm kinda over pulling trigger but when you see a friend or a client that excited you get jacked.

10202.jpeg
10041.jpeg
Attachments
10037.jpeg
10202.jpeg
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Warning graphic lol

Post by Hoobilly »

now thats a awesome story!!!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
youngoutdoors

Post by youngoutdoors »

Man its easy to miss when they are that close!

Good story! Reminds me of my avitar.

God Bless, Louis
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Poor bastard didn't even hear the shot
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

Now that's a fun hunt! We will require pics of this magic brown hat please. :lol:
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Tail Feathers wrote: June 12th, 2018, 11:24 am Now that's a fun hunt! We will require pics of this magic brown hat please. :lol:
It's just our brown hooks hat. If you been on the forums a while you know Mike Miller "the turkey killer" he went by executioner when he was on the boards.

He kept saying the brown hat worked on crawls, I'm like b.s. So I started trusting him on this. I was shocked. When you need 5 more yards it works, I've crawled literally 400 yards through 6 inch alfalfa on a flock of 15, birds, got to 40, had a hen charge, luckily a red wing blackbird attacked her I missed the gob. Sal thought it was b.s too, until the past few years she's seen it work.

I guess look how stupid decoys looked years ago and they worked. Now you on your belly crawling through alfalfa or leeks in the woods, a moving object, instead of stationery. I don't care if they think I'm a woodchuck, but it works.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: June 12th, 2018, 12:19 pm
Tail Feathers wrote: June 12th, 2018, 11:24 am Now that's a fun hunt! We will require pics of this magic brown hat please. :lol:
It's just our brown hooks hat. If you been on the forums a while you know Mike Miller "the turkey killer" he went by executioner when he was on the boards.

He kept saying the brown hat worked on crawls, I'm like b.s. So I started trusting him on this. I was shocked. When you need 5 more yards it works, I've crawled literally 400 yards through 6 inch alfalfa on a flock of 15, birds, got to 40, had a hen charge, luckily a red wing blackbird attacked her I missed the gob. Sal thought it was b.s too, until the past few years she's seen it work.

I guess look how stupid decoys looked years ago and they worked. Now you on your belly crawling through alfalfa or leeks in the woods, a moving object, instead of stationery. I don't care if they think I'm a woodchuck, but it works.
crawling in general works excellent from what Shooter has told me. Brown hat probably seals the deal :thumbup:
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/

Return to “Gobbler Talk”