Turkey vest

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
TNHunter61

Turkey vest

Post by TNHunter61 »

My old turkey vest has seen better days,it’s time to retire it so I am looking for a new one. The most important thing to me in a vest is the seat And backrest. Most have more than enough pockets.But they just don’t look comfortable to me. After you set for a while. If anyone has one that you think is comfortable please post the name of it! I just dot want to wast a lot of money trying to find one. Thanks
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Turkey vest

Post by Hoobilly »

I have used my Dixon for many years.. but to buy one is costly as they haven't been made for years.

The Nomad MG vest is basically a Dixon without the Claw sling shoulder straps and has added a feature for carrying a thermacell

there is a post on the Nomad vest on here somewhere..
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

I'd check ebay and post around turkey groups to see if someone has another of your old one in their closet, etc. I don't use a vest. I have taken to carrying a Cabela's turkey chair sometimes. Getting to be most of the time!
hobbes

Post by hobbes »

Ive been using a Cabelas Super Tat'r for a few years and like it really well. The cushion is comfortable and I like how it easily flips up or down. I believe they only make the Tactical Tat'r now which I believe has a slightly better cushion than the Super does. They alo have the Minimalist that I considered but decided that I wanted a few more pockets even after limiting what I carry. It would work great for folks that hunt with me and carry very little.

While I have been known to poke fun at some of the old farts on here that swear by the short lounger type chairs, I did pick a couple up that were on sale last year at Cabelas. I wanted to try them in a particular riverbottom that is very difficult to find a tree that allows a view of the surrounding fields due to the bushes along the edges. They worked great for that purpose, but I dont like lugging them around if a lot of hiking is required. However, my upcoming grandpa status may require me to follow suit with some of these old farts and use it more often. I need to check the rule book.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

I have a Cabela's Tactical Tat'r I just picked up last week (3 gift cards from Christmas). I've always liked the way they looked online and I was able to put my hands on one in the store. The seat seems very comfortable and it fit well. I had a vest, went away from one and now I'm back on the wagon. I'm kinda complicated.......just ask RaspyD. Actually he's making me a super duper special call to go in it and he guarantees a kill with it :cheers:

I hope once I get it set up it works out well.

Kevin
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
appalachianassassin
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by appalachianassassin »

I haven't used a vest in several years.....but, I still have my cabelas tatr series vest and I highly recommend it.
El Sicario

Return to “Gobbler Talk”