Mossberg SA-20 build finished

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
ncturkeycaller

Mossberg SA-20 build finished

Post by ncturkeycaller »

Ok fellas, here it is. Was originally gonna build this thing for the fiancé but after getting it finished it looks like I’m gonna be buying another one! LOL. Just so everyone knows, the pistol grip is a Weatherby and was an exact fit with no mods! I added a Burris FF III and a Carlson’s .575 choke. It is the most well balanced turkey gun I have held in my 35 years of hunting. Can’t wait to send some of my #9’s down range.
BD830EC8-C454-48D0-8707-9F572B5617CA.jpeg
huntin

Re: Mossberg SA-20 build finished

Post by huntin »

Looks good 👍
fountain

Post by fountain »

Good to know about that pistol grip stock..I hounded Mossberg about one after seeing a pic of one somewhere and they told me they didn't have one to fit it yet
ncturkeycaller

Post by ncturkeycaller »

The lady at Weatherby was very helpful. She said it was a perfect fit on their sa-08 and I just took a chance knowing the sa-08 and the mossy are close to identical. It was an absolute perfect fit. The folks at Mossberg we’re clueless because it is made in Turkey. It’s a great feeling little gun. I will post some pics when I make it to the range to send some tss through paper
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

Good looking set up!!! :thumbup:
norINhunter

Post by norINhunter »

Looks awesome.
fountain

Post by fountain »

how did you get that stock? I called to order one and they wouldn't let me because I didn't have a serial number off of a gun. they wouldn't sell a part without it.
i have tried this before and was told they didn't make the pistol grip stocks, and now this. they are a tough compant to deal with
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

fountain wrote: February 12th, 2018, 9:44 am how did you get that stock? I called to order one and they wouldn't let me because I didn't have a serial number off of a gun. they wouldn't sell a part without it.
i have tried this before and was told they didn't make the pistol grip stocks, and now this. they are a tough compant to deal with
Same with Weatherby....No serial number........No parts. :banghead:
fountain

Post by fountain »

Well how the heck did the op get one????
fountain

Post by fountain »

I called weatherby today. I asked Mossberg last year about one..after seeing a pic of a Turkey set up...and they said they had never seen a sa20 with a pistol grip now did they offer one. I even showed them the pic...they got amnesia
ncturkeycaller

Post by ncturkeycaller »

I wish I could remember the ladies name but she was very helpful and never asked me for a serial number or anything like that. It was $75 and $10 to ship it to my door.
fountain

Post by fountain »

Man, that's crazy. I went to the weatherby booth in Nashville and asked for the stock there and told an older fellow about my woes of trying to order one. He gave me a very odd look and said "why would they do that?" He said I should be able to order it on line, but I haven't looked yet.
slayerrd

Post by slayerrd »

I wonder how hard it would be to modify that for a sa-28?
ncturkeycaller

Post by ncturkeycaller »

I would think the back of the receiver would be the same size so it may not require any modification
Tpatt

Post by Tpatt »

Just give them SAXXXXX as a serial number. According to their site SA prefix is for the SA08 and SA459 2008-? year. The SA459 comes with the camo pistol stock. They asked for my serial number today when I needed to order a couple of parts for it. Super nice customer service once you got off of hold....lol
fountain

Post by fountain »

Can I borrow your serial number?

Return to “Small Bore”