Have you got a Knight & Hale Gobbler Guide?

Show and tell for call collectors.
Cut N Run

Have you got a Knight & Hale Gobbler Guide?

Post by Cut N Run »

I have one of those spiral bound Gobbler Guides shaped like an outline of the United States made by Knight & Hale that I bought sometime in the early 1990s. It describes the phases of turkey breeding behavior fairly accurately based on location across the country. I keep mine stashed in a drawer with too many retired strikers keeping it company, while my best friend keeps his in his vest to read when things get slow in the field.

I was wondering how many others here own them, if they're collectible, or if they hold much value?
Just curious.

Jim
yella yelper

Re: Have you got a Knight & Hale Gobbler Guide?

Post by yella yelper »

I've got one and the cassette tape that came with it. Keep it in my vest and read when it's slow.
joey46

Post by joey46 »

Yes - I carry one in my vest at times. It is pretty accurate. Lived for nine years in the western KY area and often visited K&H's Cadiz, Ky operation in the early 2000s. Heard it is long gone from there now. Too bad. No idea on any collector value.
Gobblegitr

Post by Gobblegitr »

I am new to the forum-enjoying seeing the dialogue and virtual fellowship. I have one of the Gobbler Guides and agree with joey46 that it is pretty accurate. I had Harold & David sign it at NWTF Convention. I have an extra copy as well (I collect turkey books passionately). Have watched a few sell online, all under $30
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Too bad it didn't help ya get a turkey last year ! :dontknow: :LMAO: ;) :angel4:
joey46

Post by joey46 »

All joking aside my last FL season was a puzzle until the final few days when the birds finally went into that strut zone to strut zone pattern described in the Gobbler Guide. Glad to hear K and H were at the convention. They are both now "old geezers".

Return to “Collectors Room”