Mossberg 4 Sale

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Mossberg 4 Sale

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

26229721_1665960970091534_1319920080124620395_n.jpg
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Mossberg 4 Sale

Post by Hoobilly »

He must be inbread to shoot a mossberg twice lol
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

That's wrong in so many ways...............LOL
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Now that’s funny stuff, right there!! I don’t care who you are!! :LMAO: :LMAO:

He needs to shoot her right handed twice to get that nose back on straight!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
gobbler83

Post by gobbler83 »

First time I ever shot a 3.5 was through a 835. Let’s just say it was a enlightening experience or wait did everything go dark. Lol
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter »

I've shot one once. Never again!!!
BumbleFoot

Post by BumbleFoot »

It’s the one exception to the rule: “You won’t notice it when you shoot a turkey.” :blackeye: Yes you will...
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Reminds me on the 1st time I took my buddy huntin' geese in the early goose season in MI .. his shoulder looked like minced meat when we got done and I've got a gruesome pic also, that I won't post .. but ya' can imagine pretty close, what it looked like :LMAO:
He headed to Canada less than a week later caribou huntin' with a lot smaller rifle than he wanted to use and everyone in camp swore he was going to die of a blood clott :shock:
It went in the gun cabinet and is still there :slap:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

While hunting in Georgia w/ an 835 and 31/2", 21/4 ounce loads, I got twisted side-ways w/ a small tree behind me when the gobblers popped up from a creek bottom on my right side (they sounded like they were coming in from my left or in front of me). I torqued hard to the right and fired at a gobbler. Everything went grey as my head slammed into the tree. I could hear a flopping turkey, my eyesight was fuzzy as I got to my feet and promptly fell down. When I got to the gobbler I was dizzy and queasy. I had hunted w/ a Mag 10 and even single shot 10 gauges , but they didn't prepare me for the 835. It was a combination of a horrible shooting position and a really mean fire stick. I killed a bunch of gobblers w/ that 835, but found someone who wanted it more than I did.
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

I own one. Never had trouble. Bunch of whimps. 😩🤪😆
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
jhogue

Post by jhogue »

OLE RASPY wrote: January 15th, 2018, 5:53 pm I own one. Never had trouble. Bunch of whimps. 😩🤪😆
I have an 835 that I don't have enough experience with to know for sure how bad it is relative to other guns. It feels a little rougher than my 870, which should be a pretty good comparison since both are pumps and both weigh about the same. I firmly believe every gun in atrocious with 3.5" shells, one of my biggest reasons to move to TSS. The reason I think my 835 feels rough to shoot is because the stock doesn't fit me well. I have to get so low and in an uncomfortable position to look down the rib. I think it will feel better when I mount some sights on top of the rib. I've always taken recoil pretty well, so I don't complain much about recoil from any gun, but at the same time, I prefer to shoot lighter recoiling guns...
jhogue

Post by jhogue »

OLE RASPY wrote: January 15th, 2018, 5:53 pm I own one. Never had trouble. Bunch of whimps. 😩🤪😆
I have an 835 that I don't have enough experience with to know for sure how bad it is relative to other guns. It feels a little rougher than my 870, which should be a pretty good comparison since both are pumps and both weigh about the same. I firmly believe every gun in atrocious with 3.5" shells, one of my biggest reasons to move to TSS. The reason I think my 835 feels rough to shoot is because the stock doesn't fit me well. I have to get so low and in an uncomfortable position to look down the rib. I think it will feel better when I mount some sights on top of the rib. I've always taken recoil pretty well, so I don't complain much about recoil from any gun, but at the same time, I prefer to shoot lighter recoiling guns...
jhogue

Post by jhogue »

decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

My original 835 was a sloppy, rattling, hard kicking POS, which was a turkey killing machine, but horrible as a duck/goose gun. I upgraded to an H&K, 31/2", SBE made by Benelli and since 1990, have shot over 12 cases of 31/2" waterfowl loads through the gun.The H&K never patterned turkey loads as well as the over-bored 835, but my over-bored BPS, 31/2" w/ a 26" barrel out-patterned them both w/ turkey loads. Like a lot of shooters, I found that a 3" turkey gun properly tuned and choked with ammunition derived after countless hours at the patterning board was all I needed to kill gobblers. I finally got into reloading TSS last year and am currently setting-up my second 20 gauge. I've shot 28 gauge shotguns for over 40 years, and currently own 3, but get behind me Satan until I get my 20's maxed out w/ TSS.
The Mossberg Mauler

Post by The Mossberg Mauler »

Funny. I love my Mossbergs. Mini Me has been using an 835 for about fours years now and loves it. I don't know how she does it but she's rock steady even with the 3 1/2's. But the 835's definitely aren't for men who have to sit down to pee.

I recently bought her a 20 gauge and have been thinking about trying some of those PMS shells everyone talks about. I'll probably just buy the Federal. But I wouldn't be surprised if she still takes the 835. She's a little on the stubborn side. A lot like her Momma.
No Need To Count Holes In Paper. My Mossberg And Lead Kill'em Dead!!!!

I've wined and dined with Kings and Queens, and I've slept in the alley eating pork and beans.

Fox Trot Pro Staff Wannabe

Return to “Gobbler Talk”