Chasing The Elusive Wisconsin Whitetail.

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Chasing The Elusive Wisconsin Whitetail.

Post by Hognutz »

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Chasing The Elusive Wisconsin Whitetail.

Post by guesswho »

Crazy. He's probably not going to get to grow his next set of antlers.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

That’s crazzzzzy.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Um yeah had to of been bottle fed..

One of my folks good friends growing up took in an orphaned fawn. She had a orange vest for it, it would be seen for miles. As a kid I'd feed it triscuit cracker's and her fawns would come up and lick ya. This went on for years.

I grew up with a pen full of tame fallow and Sitka deer at the house. Pretty dang cool when I think back except lugging square bales in January that sucked.
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Pretty crazy alright, there was a wild turkey at Loma, Mt. that came out of the river bottoms and decided it liked town better. It hung around town all year long for about 4 years until a Minnesota dude shot it right on main street, tagged it and took off, he was chased for a long way from residents that were going to give the bird some justice but he escaped off into the sunset.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

I agree with Tom there is a lady that is a neighbor that has been feeding the local deer for over 20 years and some big bucks frequent her yard. She hand feeds them sometimes with an orange vest on ! Luckily for them they are in a part of town with a no discharge bylaw so they are safe from hunting. If they travel a bit they would be fair game. I bet they would walk right up to you if they smelled corn in your pocket or saw an oranfe vest. LOL
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

I should add that every once in a while we find a headless deer not far from her yard in the woods or a deer with an arrow sticking out of it comes into her yard. Some people just cant help themselves when iy comes to horns !
Ridgeking

Post by Ridgeking »

timbrhuntr wrote: November 25th, 2017, 12:19 pm Some people just cant help themselves when iy comes to horns !
This is exactly what's wrong with deer hunting these days..
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

A few years ago on Friday night before gun season about 3 O'clock in the morning a gunshot woke me up, I jumped up and ran out on the front porch and there was a pickup truck setting about 200 yards up the road from my driveway still running and I could see a couple of guys with flashlights out in a field of my neighbors scurrying around. Well I knew what they had done as there has been a dandy buck been seen in that field by several of the people that lived on my road, I had seen the buck a couple of times and it was in the 170 to 180 class with very good mass and purdy wide, so there I am standing on my porch stark naked screaming at the top of my lungs at them and it didn't take long for them to get it loaded up and get the hell out of there. I noticed the had a unique sound when they took off and three or four nights later I am sitting watching TV and that same truck goes by my house, I knew the sound of that truck and I knew it was the same vehicle as I had heard a few nights earlier. I jumped up grabbed my coat and out the door I went, jumped in my truck and took after them and finally ran them down a couple miles up the road, there were 3 young boys in the truck and I ask them if they were out spotlighting and they said that they weren't and didn't even have any guns in the vehicle. Well I knew that was a crock of **** as they all dressed in camo, I told them that I knew they were the ones that shot a big 10 point above my house a few nights before and if that ever happened again I had a Ruger Mini 14 with several 30 round clips that I was going to point in their general direction and unload all the clips, I never heard that truck go by my house again. At the time we didn't have a game warden in our county so I called the sheriff's dept. that night and they told me that they didn't have anybody on duty. If there is one thing I can't stand it's a spotlighter.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

ABout 10 years ago I had seen a group of kids riding around on 4 wheelers shining and carrying a shotgun. I told them boys that they would get in big trouble if they got caught.

Had a doe shot in our field and a couple nights later a neighbor called and said he seen lights and heard a fourwheeler behind our property.

Before I could get in my truck I heard fourwheelers scoot down the road. Now mind you, after I scolded them kids the first time I had found where they lived by the fourwheelers in their yard.

I drove straight to their house and about 15 teenagers were in the yard and garage hanging out..

I asked for the owner and the kids dad came out of the house. I told him I was pissed, but talking in a decent way with him. Told him about me talking to them a week or so ago, the dead deer they left in our hayfield, and how they were just behind our woods in the corn field again, and that if it happened again I would shoot first and call the law later.

I thought he was gonna be mad at me, he apologized profusely and told me he warned his son and his friends not to be out riding and doing that crap.
He looked his boy in the eye, and then back at me and stated "He wont ever do that again, you have my word"

heard a week later he sold the dirt bikes and fourwheelers
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Ridgeking

Post by Ridgeking »

hoobilly wrote: December 6th, 2017, 3:54 pm

I thought he was gonna be mad at me, he apologized profusely and told me he warned his son and his friends not to be out riding and doing that crap.
He looked his boy in the eye, and then back at me and stated "He wont ever do that again, you have my word"

heard a week later he sold the dirt bikes and fourwheelers
I guess there are still a few actual men acting like real parents in this jacked up world. Good for him! :thumbup:

Return to “Gobbler Talk”