College Football

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
MAK

College Football

Post by MAK »

George - your Buckeyes were too much for my Lions - heck of a game - I only saw the depressing ending......... after a depressing day afield looking for turkeys.

Was PA fall opening day - i walked my old legs off and couldn't find a sign of them. But it was a glorious day afield

MAK
MAK
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: College Football

Post by HunterGKS »

It was a helluva game. I thought OSU was in deep doodoo when they went down 14-0 3 minutes in but they never gave up. Like the announcers said, whatever could go wrong for OSU did go wrong, a couple of bad calls, way too many penalties, dropped passes, & some questionable play calling. Then towards the end of the 3rd, both the offense & defense went into over-drive. They shut down Barkley holding him to 44 yds on 21 carries with 1 run for 36 yards & Barrett showed that he is truly a Heisman candidate completing his last 16 passes going 33-39 for 400+ yards & 4 TDs, 3 in the 4th. If he continues playing like he has the last 3 games, he stands a good chance of winning the H-Trophy &, if the team cleans up the mistakes they should be in the top 4 easily. We will see.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

joey46

Post by joey46 »

:roll: What a difference a week makes. Ohio State gets it's butt handed to them and PSU loses a second in a row. Appears that the Big Ten will have no team in the final four. WS maybe but the pundits are saying their strength of schedule is a joke. Oh well.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

joey46 wrote: November 6th, 2017, 6:58 am :roll: What a difference a week makes. Ohio State gets it's butt handed to them and PSU loses a second in a row. Appears that the Big Ten will have no team in the final four. WS maybe but the pundits are saying their strength of schedule is a joke. Oh well.
I don't think I have ever seen any Urban Meyer team play as poorly across the board. It was pretty pathetic.
George

MAK

Post by MAK »

yep - we crashed an burned 2 weeks running - not sure if we're that poor offensive line, or that slow developing run play is the nemesis of this team.
MAK
BumbleFoot

Post by BumbleFoot »

HunterGKS wrote: November 6th, 2017, 7:31 am
joey46 wrote: November 6th, 2017, 6:58 am :roll: What a difference a week makes. Ohio State gets it's butt handed to them and PSU loses a second in a row. Appears that the Big Ten will have no team in the final four. WS maybe but the pundits are saying their strength of schedule is a joke. Oh well.
I don't think I have ever seen any Urban Meyer team play as poorly across the board. It was pretty pathetic.
You might be right, but his #1 ranked, 2009 Gator team that got drilled in the SEC championship game says hello.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

The Cleveland Browns NFL football team have all been arrested & charged with kidnapping the Ohio State Buckeyes football team & taking their place for the Iowa football game. The reason given for the kidnapping was that the Browns thought this might be their only opportunity to win a football game this year.
George

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

HunterGKS wrote: November 7th, 2017, 4:51 pm The Cleveland Browns NFL football team have all been arrested & charged with kidnapping the Ohio State Buckeyes football team & taking their place for the Iowa football game. The reason given for the kidnapping was that the Browns thought this might be their only opportunity to win a football game this year.
Wonder do the 08 Lion's throw a party like the undefeated 72 Dolphins do upon the last undefeated losing. Browns are putting lion's record in jeopardy.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

I keep ribbing everybody up here in norther Hoobilliana about Notre Shame..

so far they keep winning.

Hope someone knocks the crud outta their mouth Sunday.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
joey46

Post by joey46 »

That would have to be Miami. Another "Catholics vs Convicts" spectacle. It was once reported that these two teams would never again play each other. Should be a hoot :slap: :violent1: . Both good teams and the winner should lock a final four position up. Who needs the NFL.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

joey46 wrote: November 9th, 2017, 9:00 am That would have to be Miami. Another "Catholics vs Convicts" spectacle. It was once reported that these two teams would never again play each other. Should be a hoot :slap: :violent1: . Both good teams and the winner should lock a final four position up. Who needs the NFL.
:LMAO: fosho
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

So far Miami in handling ND. 14-0 in the first quarter as I type this.
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
joey46

Post by joey46 »

Ended up a whole lot worse for ND. Funny day of college football. #1 GA - oops, #2 AL an almost oops, #3 ND - oops. Other than AL who will be in the final four? Fun to watch.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”