Good Find

Show and tell for call collectors.
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Good Find

Post by davisd9 »

After hunting with my mentor and hearing his crow call and recommendation of that call I started searching for a PS Olt Crow Call to use while hunting. I have a Primos Power Crow and it works but it just did not have that "it" sound to it. I felt that even with my skill level I could run the call to make the birds shock gobble to it. I found a few on Ebay but always got out bid right at the last seconds of the auction.

Every so often I look through Ebay on my lunch. Well on Monday I came across a PS Olt Crow Call still in the box. The price was right and it was buy now with free shipping so I jumped on it. Came in the mail today and I am very happy with it. It is already on the vest. :D

Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Good Find

Post by Shooter »

Dang D, that looks like an old one.
I have had many Crow calls over the years, but most just don't sound all that great.
I have been using this Olt for quite awhile now. It sounds as real as any one I have heard.
Problem is,... not that great for shock gobblin. I've been with friends with calls that sounded like a joke. I would call and nothing, then they would call with thier goofy noises, and the turkey would sound off. :dontknow:
Attachments
Picture 256.jpg
Picture 256.jpg (76.37 KiB) Viewed 2770 times
3toe

Post by 3toe »

I rarely use a locator around here, especially on public land. Too many yahoos trying to "run and gun". Which is their definition of hauling butt down the gravel road, slamming doors, crow and owl calling, jump back in truck, repeat every few hundred yards. Lazy hunters.

I have been on a gobbling bird, the above happen, gobbler never makes a sound. Truck drives off, bird goes back to gobbling.

Nice find by the way, hope it works this spring and you kill a limit.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Shooter wrote: I have been using this Olt for quite awhile now. It sounds as real as any one I have heard.
Problem is,... not that great for shock gobblin. I've been with friends with calls that sounded like a joke. I would call and nothing, then they would call with thier goofy noises, and the turkey would sound off. :dontknow:
That is my sentiments as well, I think birds become conditioned to the actual sound of a crow and thus less likely to be "shocked" into gobbling.. I have had great luck with calls that are a good deal louder and a bit higher pitched than an actual crow..

I know alot of guys state crow calls do not work that great, but I would not be without it, I have great luck with it wherever I go..
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Learning to "crow" without a call is a good skill to acquire. One less thing to carry, fumble around with or lose. Gil
GOLD HUNTER
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GOLD HUNTER »

:thumbup:
LET'S GO TROUT FISHING
gophert
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by gophert »