New Buice

Show and tell for call collectors.
Post Reply
User avatar
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1142
Joined: June 28th, 2012, 10:15 am
Location: South Carolina

New Buice

Post by davisd9 » August 12th, 2019, 7:45 am

Got a package on Saturday from Mr. Billy. Always fun to open a box from him. 2013 Macassar Ebony 5-1/2" with copper ferrule, she runs great. Got two of his new amodel mouthpieces in 3 and 4. I am normally a #3 guy but on this material I think I like the 4 a little better. Best part about buying a call from Mr. Billy is the phone conversation. Now I need to quit buying trumpets and get caught up with lanyards from Del.

Image

Image

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 7668
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: New Buice

Post by hoobilly » August 12th, 2019, 8:03 am

Beautiful trumpet

Why the new style mouth piece?

Have a problem with them snapping off?

And I also need a couple more Savducks

User avatar
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1142
Joined: June 28th, 2012, 10:15 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: New Buice

Post by davisd9 » August 12th, 2019, 9:02 am

hoobilly wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 8:03 am
Beautiful trumpet

Why the new style mouth piece?

Have a problem with them snapping off?

And I also need a couple more Savducks
He has been making screw in trumpets and mouthpieces for quite some time. I have the push in and screw in, both are great. That amodel is a new material he is using because he was having trouble with corian shearing on him.

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 7668
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: New Buice

Post by hoobilly » August 12th, 2019, 11:56 am

I am referring to the metal threading???

Mine doesn’t have the metal threading on the mouth pieces.

User avatar
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1142
Joined: June 28th, 2012, 10:15 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: New Buice

Post by davisd9 » August 12th, 2019, 12:09 pm

hoobilly wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 11:56 am
I am referring to the metal threading???

Mine doesn’t have the metal threading on the mouth pieces.
It depends on the material. My delrin does not but my ivory, amodel, and micarta does have the metal threading.

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 7668
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: New Buice

Post by hoobilly » August 12th, 2019, 1:09 pm

davisd9 wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 12:09 pm
hoobilly wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 11:56 am
I am referring to the metal threading???

Mine doesn’t have the metal threading on the mouth pieces.
It depends on the material. My delrin does not but my ivory, amodel, and micarta does have the metal threading.
right on :thumbup:

firedup
Posts: 241
Joined: November 25th, 2013, 7:51 pm

Re: New Buice

Post by firedup » August 15th, 2019, 10:13 pm

Mr Buice does both styles (screw in and plug in) in the numbered mouth piece series I believe. The screw in type is alittle more $. I would think you could order in a variety of combinations for mouthpiece and wood. If your buying from available stock or at a show you pretty much take what he has. He makes a fine, fine trumpet and considering his history and knowledge related to call making and southern turkey hunting it is like getting alittle piece of history. A real southern gentleman.

User avatar
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1142
Joined: June 28th, 2012, 10:15 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: New Buice

Post by davisd9 » August 16th, 2019, 7:21 am

firedup wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 10:13 pm
Mr Buice does both styles (screw in and plug in) in the numbered mouth piece series I believe. The screw in type is alittle more $. I would think you could order in a variety of combinations for mouthpiece and wood. If your buying from available stock or at a show you pretty much take what he has. He makes a fine, fine trumpet and considering his history and knowledge related to call making and southern turkey hunting it is like getting alittle piece of history. A real southern gentleman.
He does not have stock any more and he is not really doing shows as he has quite a list and is trying to catch up. He plans to take a break here soon as he is getting burnt out, but he stressed that he is not done building.

Post Reply

Return to “Collectors Room”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests