Special Calls

Show and tell for call collectors.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Special Calls

Post by CamoMan4025 »

So I have a good friend who is a retired Lt. Colonel with the USMC. He also recently retired from his second career with the VA State Police. He was an explosive K9 handler. He has had a bout' with stomach / colon cancer for a couple of years now. He finally had to hang up being a Trooper due to his illness. We had lunch last week and when we were getting in our separate vehicles, he asks if I still turkey hunted. I said, well heck yea. He handed me a old shoe box. I glanced in it and it had turkey "stuff" in it. I said........you use to turkey hunt? He said, oh yea many many years ago I was obsessed with it. Well I got home and started looking through the box and this is what I found. I was blown away that he gave these to me. I am honored and blessed that he thought that much of me. I had a friend do an assessment of their value since the one is a signed Ben Lee call. He told me approximately what they were all worth which is no astronomical amount, but all the same they are worth millions to me. I messed with them a few minutes and dang, they sound really good. His health is declining and I am deeply saddened by that. He is one of those humble guys that is just all around genuine and good. It's going to be a sad day when he passes, but one thing for me is I will always have a least one of these calls in my vest for the remainder of my days!

God Bless you Terry!

Thank you,

Kevin

TurkeyPic1.jpg
TurkeyPic2.jpg
TurkeyPic3.jpg
TurkeyPic4.jpg
TurkeyPic5.jpg
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Special Calls

Post by redarrow »

Wow,thats an awesome bunch keepsakes for sure.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

That’s awesome.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

True friend's are for forever :thumbup:

AAAAHHH, I sure loved my Roger Latham 'True Tone" call when I first got into it, before it succumbed to the weather changes over the years and that seminar talk with "Ben Lee" that time, ....... "priceless" :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??

Return to “Collectors Room”