Pot call

Show and tell for call collectors.
tailfeathers

Pot call

Post by tailfeathers »

Last year I was lucky enough for MKW to make a me a great trumpet, just no birds to work for me this year. This year I would like to get a pot call made. If you could only get one pot call who would you get to make it and with what materials? Thanks so much.
wiltznucs

Re: Pot call

Post by wiltznucs »

tailfeathers wrote:Last year I was lucky enough for MKW to make a me a great trumpet, just no birds to work for me this year. This year I would like to get a pot call made. If you could only get one pot call who would you get to make it and with what materials? Thanks so much.
Lots of great ones nowadays, I've been using a Clint Corder call since 2009. They've been a part of many turkeys demise. His new glass over slate calls sound amazing...
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

I just bought a signed copper pot call from a maker who at this time I will not mention on the open forum and it isn't worth a tinkers damn, if I had 10,000 of them I would strip the copper out of them and take it to the salvage yard and burn the drums, Terrible sound when you can get it to make a sound.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
TS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by TS »

Andy Kaiser been making a new redheart glass call this spring that absolutely rocks. If i was in the market for a new one i would get one. Wait a minute i told him i wanted one already.
"Better being 30 minutes early than 5 minutes late"
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

wiltznucs wrote:
tailfeathers wrote: Lots of great ones nowadays, I've been using a Clint Corder call since 2009. They've been a part of many turkeys demise. His new glass over slate calls sound amazing...
His calls are awesome. If ya think you want one, you better get in line. I had emailed him, yesterday actually, and he said he was about a year behind.
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
ncturkey

Post by ncturkey »

I have listening to the sounds files of Joe Slatons pot calls and they are sounding pretty sweet. I am thinking of ordering one soon.
Mike

Return to “Collectors Room”