Strikers

Call makers showcase and advice on call making.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Strikers

Post by HunterGKS »

Speaking of strikers………….. I though I’d post some of the strikers I have that were readily accessible. I’m sure I have more stashed away someplace(s). The 4 strikers on the left of the 1st pic are my go-to strikers that are always in my vest. The rest in the 1st pick are in my possibles box & go with me when I travel to hunt. The other 2 pics are of strikers that came with custom pots that I have collected or were gifted to me. They’re all for pots except for the 2 on the left of the 3rd pic which go with a combination scratch box/slate call. The 4th & 5th in the 3rd pic with the corn cobs are Canada goose wing bones made by Fred Cox that came with a slate that was made by Mike Battey for & used by Neil Cost.

As can be seen, the strikers are made of different woods with different diameters & tips as well as some with different “handles” & some that are 1-piece. Each will produce a different sound & changes 1 pot call into many pot calls. The different sounds that each striker produces is why so many turkey hunters carry several strikers.

George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

forkedlighting

Re: Strikers

Post by forkedlighting »

Hunter GKS man after my heart can't have to many strikers Lord knows over 50 years no telling how many I have lost

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

forkedlighting wrote: July 27th, 2017, 2:05 pm Hunter GKS man after my heart can't have to many strikers Lord knows over 50 years no telling how many I have lost

Strikers are like money, you can never have too many or too much.
George

forkedlighting

Post by forkedlighting »

forkedlighting wrote:Hunter GKS man after my heart can't have to many strikers Lord knows over 50 years no telling how many I have lost

Hunter GKS wasn't so bad losing them years ago they were cheap not many choices different story now 15 + dollars an so many woods to choose from plus when you sew them in the woods they never come

turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

That fourth striker from the left in the first picture is a KILLER, I bought five or six of the calls (Mad Super Crystal) that came with that striker just so i'd have spares in case I lost one.

I think that call was the only call that Drury matched up with that small purpleheart striker.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

forkedlighting wrote: July 27th, 2017, 2:17 pm
forkedlighting wrote:Hunter GKS man after my heart can't have to many strikers Lord knows over 50 years no telling how many I have lost

Hunter GKS wasn't so bad losing them years ago they were cheap not many choices different story now 15 + dollars an so many woods to choose from plus when you sew them in the woods they never come

They won't sprout striker trees?? DANG IT!!!! :angry5: :angryfire:
George

HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

turkeyinstrut wrote: July 27th, 2017, 2:19 pm That fourth striker from the left in the first picture is a KILLER, I bought five or six of the calls (Mad Super Crystal) that came with that striker just so i'd have spares in case I lost one.

I think that call was the only call that Drury matched up with that small purpleheart striker.
I love a good purple heart striker. I have found that the smaller diameter sounds a lot better than the fat ones. The 1st
one in the pic has a JB weld tip made by Hooks that also sounds great. I'm not sure they still make it.
George

howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Bottom pic, third from right is by fella from whom I get most of mine. Last one I got was a little dymonwood number that sings on most everything.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

howl wrote: July 27th, 2017, 3:23 pm Bottom pic, third from right is by fella from whom I get most of mine. Last one I got was a little dymonwood number that sings on most everything.
It doesn't have a name on it but does have "TWS 108" on the end. I have the matching call but I'm not sure which 1 it is.
George

OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

What's that one on the far far right in pic? Top and middle pic. :dontknow:
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Fatmo

Post by Fatmo »

I too have a ton of strikers, along with some really good ones. I will have to round them all up and take a few pics. Nice collection!
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

OLE RASPY wrote: July 27th, 2017, 7:23 pm What's that one on the far far right in pic? Top and middle pic. :dontknow:
I'm not sure. Sorry for the late response.
George

HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

Fatmo wrote: July 29th, 2017, 8:27 pm I too have a ton of strikers, along with some really good ones. I will have to round them all up and take a few pics. Nice collection!
Thx. Looking forward to the pics.
George

howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

That's Tim W. Sanford, so your matching call is the Rut 'n' Strut. Apparently I have lost of couple of Tim's strikers, because these are all I have left. I better check the boy's room.
IMG_20170731_095710357.jpg
MAK

Post by MAK »

I have 'sum' but ain't posting no pictures so u guys can't tell how many 'sum' is............. it's really bad..................
MAK

Return to “Call Makers”