Wingbone Help

Call makers showcase and advice on call making.
nannychaser

Wingbone Help

Post by nannychaser »

Hey guys I am new to the forum and have thoroughly enjoyed seeing all of the calls and all of the knowledge and skill that is shared on here. I have just started fooling around with making some wingbones these are not for sale just doing it for personal collection and for friends. I am curious as to what kind of paint you guys are using for wingbones , I soaked mine in peroxide but I am looking for that shiny pearl white color. It looks like some of the wingbones are painted and some use thread on their calls. Any help or advice would certainly be appreciated as to types of epoxy being used, clear coat for final finish and paint types. Thanks guys looking forward to the responses.
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Wingbone Help

Post by redarrow »

Check the classifieds for wingbone sells and ask what they use. Seems like I heard bleach softens the bone too much. Not sure what they use. I have made afew ,but they have a yellowish look to them.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
FullChoke

Re: Wingbone Help

Post by FullChoke »

You chose correctly to use peroxide, bleach will ruin the bones. The calls that you see online that look pearly white are the effect of the photo, not necessarily the actual color of the bones which is closer to ivory. The paints that you see could be anything (enamel, acrylic, watercolor, inks) as long as it has been sealed with a top coat, usually with something like polyurethane spray or spar varnish.

Make sure you post your works on here once you have them finished.

FC
Central MS

Return to “Call Makers”