Snood Snipers Offical Kill Thread !!

Wiltznucs, Hookedspur, HuntnMa, JHcats10, ads1
hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hookedspur »

This page is for official kill photos and measurements.
HuntnMa
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Snood Snipers Offical Kill Thread !!

Post by HuntnMa »

I'll get this ball rolling :)
Your score is 17.0625 + 10 + 10.625 + 19.125 =56.8125
Last edited by HuntnMa on June 3rd, 2014, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jhcats10

Post by Jhcats10 »

Here is my first Kansas bird
Jhcats10

Post by Jhcats10 »

And my second
Weight : 19 pounds
Jhcats10

Post by Jhcats10 »

Killed my first Kentucky bird this morning and it should be an upgrade to one of my birds
ImageImage
hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hookedspur »

I got a South Dakota bird to dance this morningImageImageImageImageImageImage
hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hookedspur »

My second South Dakota bird
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hookedspur »

Kansas bird double beard upgrade
ads1

Post by ads1 »

5th Season Gobbler (note edit on weight)
It might be 5th turkey season in Illinois if you’re still hunting after the 1st and 2nd season and no bird to show for your efforts! It might be 5th turkey season in Illinois if you have had a blood transfusion because of the ticks and mosquitos. It might be 5th turkey season in Illinois if you wake up at night with an itch and discover a tick on parts unknown. It might be 5th turkey season in Illinois if you no longer need an alarm clock to wake you up before sunrise. I had been hunting since April 7 and had spotted a giant bird. If I could only get this bird I would be a local hero. He stood out like a scarecrow in a melon patch. I would get him mounted and I could get his picture published in the local paper. I was excited! First season passed and I just couldn’t close the deal. Then second season opened and now I was determined to get this bird. I had a few chances at other birds but I really wanted this gobbler. There was only one problem; he never gobbled and if you saw him you could bet that he had already saw you or knew something was wrong. The closest I got to this bird was about 60 yards but I couldn’t risk crippling such a magnificent bird. Second season passed and no turkey. Now I had to wait for 5th season to arrive before I could get back at hunting long beards. I had time to become a little philosophical and to map out my game plan for 5th season. First, I had decided to give up on the bird I had hunted during the first 2 seasons. I would move to a new location and hunt for a trophy bird. I would pass up all Jakes and 2-yr old birds and focus again on an older bird. I was excited because I was having dinner with “Doc” Weddle and Gary Shepherd who has a world slam on the opening day of the 5th season and I would get some advice on how to score on a big bird. As we dined at the Trace Inn at Red Hill State Park, I listened to “Doc” reminisce about his hunts in Florida, Georgia, Indiana, and upcoming trips to the northeast, including Maine. This was a treat and now I was again pumped up about getting a turkey. I even changed from my new Remington 870 Super Mag to my Benelli, because “Doc” used a Benelli and maybe this is what I needed to bring me some luck. Sure enough the next morning I had a chance to bag a 2-year old bird and three jakes. I was on a roll and it was just a matter of time before I got my trophy “Tom”. This morning it was hot with the temperature approaching 80 degrees, wind was from the SSW at 10 mph, visibility was 10 miles, humidity was 43%, dew point was 61 degrees and sunrise was at 5:46 AM. I was up at 4:00 AM and had a bite to eat and then off on my John Deere Gator 825i. I walked to the woods where the turkeys had been roosting and sure enough after I had been there a few minutes the roosters started gobbling. I moved as close as I dared, based upon some advice that I had received from “Doc”. Although the longbeards usually gobbled while on the roost, they quit after they hit the ground, so I wanted to possibly get “Ol Tom” when he hit the ground. I did a soft tree yelp just to see what happened and at least three gobblers sounded off. Also had a gobbler on the other side of me. Fly down was fast, but no gobblers were close to me so I did a pretty aggressive series of yelps. At that moment I heard a hen yelp back at me. At first I thought another hunter had come in on top of me because the yelps were so loud, but then I caught sight of a hen coming up the hill toward me and she was yelping and acted like she was mad. She jumped upon a log and looked around not more than 15 yards from me. My heart was pounding and I’m sure my blood pressure was spiking. I didn’t dare blink. The hen jumped down and took off across the corn field. Now what? Was the excitement over? The long beards had quit gobbling, the woods was quiet and it looked like my day was about over when I saw a tom walking toward me. He was big but his beard was scraggly. I was going to take him so at 20 yards I took the safety off and squeezed the trigger on my Benelli. One shot and he was flopping on the ground. I used a Benelli Super Vinci with a Jellyhead choke and Hevi Shot Blend. The bird weighed 25 lb,(but I didn't take a weight pic so the official weight will default to 11 lbs), had 1.25inch spurs and a 9 inch beard. The beard fibers were breaking off so something was wrong with the beard. My day and season in Illinois was over. It was a great season and I feel blessed to have the privilege to experience the thrill of the hunt! Until next time stay safe and give God the glory for special times like this
Attachments
Head.jpg
Fan.jpg
spur2.jpg
Spur1.jpg
Beard.jpg
Turkey 5th season.jpg
Last edited by ads1 on May 9th, 2014, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hookedspur »

Upgrade from 2nd Ohio Bird

sorry bout using this form only one I had with me.
Weight 22.48

11" beard
Spurs 1 5/16"

1 4/16"
wiltznucs

Post by wiltznucs »

Nebraska #1
Beard 8 3/4"
Spurs 1" and 1 1/8"
Weight 19.5

Score 58.25

Nebraska #2
Beard 8 5/8"
Spurs 1" and 7/8"
Weight 20

Score 56

Nebraska #3