KP Rose de Bois Practice

All about turkey calling + News, techniques, routines, advice, etc..
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

KP Rose de Bois Practice

Post by davisd9 »

Got some time to run the trumpet in yard. She is first string!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-O6BrWoR5 ... e=youtu.be
mspaci

Re: KP Rose de Bois Practice

Post by mspaci »

very good
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Love it!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

I'm not very familiar with trumpets, but I've not been too impressed the few times that I've listened. However, that sounded good. Apparently I've listened to some folks that aren't very good or are using poorly tuned/made calls.

I honestly don't get to do too much "sweet talking" due to a lot of open windy terrain, so hadn't given them much consideration. I could imagine that call being hell on an Eastern in the hardwoods and suspect that could work on quiet mornings here also. Maybe I'll look closer at trumpets.
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by davisd9 »

Hobbes wrote: March 1st, 2019, 1:26 pm I'm not very familiar with trumpets, but I've not been too impressed the few times that I've listened. However, that sounded good. Apparently I've listened to some folks that aren't very good or are using poorly tuned/made calls.

I honestly don't get to do too much "sweet talking" due to a lot of open windy terrain, so hadn't given them much consideration. I could imagine that call being hell on an Eastern in the hardwoods and suspect that could work on quiet mornings here also. Maybe I'll look closer at trumpets.
A good trumpet can be played soft enough for almost inaudible tree yelping and clucks all the way up to locating turkeys. That call has an amazing range of volume. Many times the tricky part is the really low, soft calling but that KP is just as easy with that as normal calling. The frequency a trumpet runs at will carry the sound a long way. I am not smart enough to really explain that but it has been experimented up and shown. A great call makes good calling!
coconut

Post by coconut »

Sounds very good to me. I bet you could hunt many many places where a turkey has never heard a trumpet before. Good luck to you
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

davisd9 wrote: March 1st, 2019, 1:35 pm
Hobbes wrote: March 1st, 2019, 1:26 pm I'm not very familiar with trumpets, but I've not been too impressed the few times that I've listened. However, that sounded good. Apparently I've listened to some folks that aren't very good or are using poorly tuned/made calls.

A good trumpet can be played soft enough for almost inaudible tree yelping and clucks all the way up to locating turkeys. That call has an amazing range of volume. Many times the tricky part is the really low, soft calling but that KP is just as easy with that as normal calling. The frequency a trumpet runs at will carry the sound a long way. I am not smart enough to really explain that but it has been experimented up and shown. A great call makes good calling!
I was unaware that much volume could be achieved. I guess that I falsely assumed that trumpets were more of a low volume call. Not that low volume won't work here, but I often find myself calling relatively loud. Probably too often and too loud more often than is necessary.

Does KP have sound files somewhere to listen to? I see that he's on FB, but I bailed on FB a year ago.
britton40

Post by britton40 »

Sounds great man.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

davisd9 wrote: March 1st, 2019, 1:35 pm

Hobbes I'm loud and proud as you. Old timers claim they travel. Most have a lower tone lower travel further. Think car audio, you hear Base not highs.

As mentioned if a good suction person called on stage with one, tree calls, straight 20s. I can't beat a suction call with anything tree talk wise

Return to “Calling & Competition Calling”