A Shadetree scratcher!!!

All about turkey calling + News, techniques, routines, advice, etc..
paboxcall

A Shadetree scratcher!!!

Post by paboxcall »

A couple weeks ago, my wife discovered that our mailbox had suddenly turned into a magic mailbox.....take a look at this.

Bob Fulcher, who owns Shadetree Callers, sent me one of his new style scratchers and I'm flat blown away. I've always been a fan of Bob's work, and I love his scratch box calls, so when I realized what was in the box I couldn't tear into the bubble wrap fast enough!

Reason I love long boxes is their versatility - a good one will run gobbler, jake or hen yelps and clucks and will kee-kee effortlessly. So will Bob's new style scratch box. Depending on where you run it on the sound board, and how much pressure you apply at that location, this scratcher will gobbler yelp, jake yelp or hen yelp - it has an incredible range you just have to hear first hand. I was blown away.

The walnut in the scratch box was cut by Mr. Dick Kirby himself, and to have a piece of that means so much to me. I met Mr. Kirby when I was 12 years old, and it was him that instilled in me the passion of the wild turkey. As if that was enough, as a neat feature, the striker has some Ipe that was part of the Coney Island boardwalk - so how cool is all of that?

Thank you Bob - I really appreciate your time and effort. This little scratcher will see lots of action in the coming years. Thank you so much my friend.

John

"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer

Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: A Shadetree scratcher!!!

Post by redarrow »

Purty. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
snapper1982

Post by snapper1982 »

Beautiful!
GOLD HUNTER
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GOLD HUNTER »

:thumbup:
LET'S GO TROUT FISHING

Return to “Calling & Competition Calling”