Attention 2014 GN Turkey Contest rules

All about the 2014 Gobbler Nation turkey hunting contest.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Attention 2014 GN Turkey Contest rules

Post by Gobbler »

March 1- June 1 2015

5 man team.
Previous years winning team can stay intact.
Sign up sheet will be posted . Need your name and last three years kill total. So we can divide up teams fairly.
10 birds can be scored per team.
2 birds per member.
Teams must use each members birds in the team score first.
You should enter your birds as soon as possible after you kill it.
Only a team member can upgrade one of his own birds.
Alternate gobblers. If a member cannot hunt or has a bad year and does not kill a gobbler or kills one gobbler.
His team mates can kill extra birds to replace any unfilled slots. Once an alternate bird is used it cannot be upgraded.

Scoring = NWTF scoring calculator
All birds must have measurement pictures to score. All birds must be photographed to enter.
If you forget or don't take a measurement picture the score will default as follows:
Gobblers:
spur default...0.5 inches
beard default... 7.0 inches
weight default... 15.0 lbs.
Jakes:
spur default... 0.25 inches
Beard default... 2.0 inches
weight default... 11.0 lbs.
So its to your advantage to measure but if you don't or forget. Substitute appropriate score.
Highest 10 bird total wins and that team gets their team name and user names cyber engraved on the coveted GOBBLER"S CUP!!

LETS HAVE FUN. I think this is set up so people will have fun with less pressure. REMEMBER HONOR SYSTEM. :thumbup:
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Attention 2014 GN Turkey Contest rules

Post by Gobbler »

These rules have been in effect for two years and I have received allot of positive feedback.

Just an example of emails I have received from other sites:

4/1 2013

Dear gobblerD,

I happen on your site and read your contest rules. Brilliant! if we were not so lame and could have a contest we would use your rules!!

Thanks again,

Geo. T.
NWTF

3/20/2013

Hey gobblerD you Dumb A$$,

Hows it going since I banned your obnoxious, sorry , no turkey hunting A$$?
Any way I read your contest rules and I wish I had the Balls to use them. They are border line genius.
Me and Bird wish we could ban you again you F-up.

Sincerely.
OldGobbler

I
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Gobbler wrote:March 1- June 1 2014

Alternate gobblers. If a member cannot hunt or has a bad year and does not kill a gobbler or kills one gobbler.
His team mates can kill extra birds to replace any unfilled slots. Once an alternate bird is used it cannot be upgraded.
Or essentially if there is a chance you may kill a bigger bird do not fill them alternate spots until the last season date has ended :thumbup:
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

There is always ways to get around fairness and rules. See United State Government Social Programs.
We can't look over every ones shoulders. It would be great if people posted their kill pictures when they actually kill the birds. Don't save kills and enter at very end.

This is an honor system fun contest for a trophy you can't even touch.

I see your point but Its worked for two years so far.

I deleted the 30 posts that had nothing to do with the contest. Because this is a sticky.

Return to “2014 Gobbler Nation Turkey Hunting Contest”